Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just got me an 80!! Need some advice re bumpers

Ryan Thomson said:
Hey Chris,

Not trying trying to push frogs island or anything but at the moment they are running a deal of a front bumper, sliders and rear bumper for £1200. If you send me an email address i'd quite happily forward on the PDF brochure they sent me.

Well I only paid £300 for my fron bumper from them :mrgreen: So they mush have put them up in price before putting them on offer :?: Bit like a super market :lol:

Paul

Hmm. I'd pay 300 to save me the time.

Chris

Don't forget about the Offroad Armoury bumper for £395, which looks pretty decent. They had sold out of stock a month or 2 back - does anyone have more current info on their current stock or if/when they'll be making more?

I will be designing a new front winch bumper in a few months!!

Picking the rear winch bumper up in a bit :)

Paul

I thought the frogs stuff looked like not a bad starting point given how much work is involved but it depends how much you want bar work like an ARB.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well i got impatient and after checking out the frogs stuff and doing some maths a figured it was a pretty fair deal. Here are a few before and after pics for those that are interested.

Before

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0263-1.jpg

After!!
DSC_0265-1.jpg

DSC_0266-2.jpg

DSC_0268-3.jpg

DSC_0324-4.jpg

DSC_0325-5.jpg

DSC_0327-7.jpg

All in all i'm pretty happy with the results, bar one small annoyance. Well not small really. The drivers side slider deosn't fit!!! :evil: It doesn't look like they have made allowance for the catalytic converter. Hate.

DSC_0272-7.jpg

Called Frogs today and they seemed genuinely surprised when i told them. Will be sending them pics tomorrow. Maybe i'm being a bit of a fool but after bench pressing that slider under the cruiser a good few times over the weekend i had had enough. I'll be interesting to see what they come up with when i send the pics in.

Anyway hopefully get the slider issue sorted soon. All i need now is to go get it dirty!

Looking on their website they say the high lift jacking points costs extra! Is this true?

Also, can a standard tow bracket still fix to the chassis rails?

Looks very nice - Can you send me the brochure as well...

Seems like a lot of money - but the transformation is quite impressive...

Will obviously look better when covered with a natural camo finish...

Hi lift jacking points are standard. I'm happy for now. The tow ball holes line perfectly with the crossmember holes so if you wanted to put a towball on there I see no reason why not. Probably still need the drop plate though. Pm me an email address and I'll forward on the brochure.

Cheers

Christ!!!! they have jumped up in price in 2 years. When I got mine 2 years ago they were £400 inc vat!!

Paul

I see the four crossmember holes line up, but can the bracket underneath for a tow bar still bolt in ok?

Ryan Thomson said:
All in all i'm pretty happy with the results, bar one small annoyance. Well not small really. The drivers side slider deosn't fit!!! :evil: It doesn't look like they have made allowance for the catalytic converter. Hate.
They must have only ever looked at the deisel trucks and maybe the 3FE petrol engines, needs a completely different front leg design for your truck on the drivers side.

Well I have contacted frogs and sent them pics with the slider offered up as best as it can be. They have said they are going to make a new one up for me. I should have it next week.

Paul, With regards to the tow ball, I'll offer one up this evening a check if it still fits.

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Ryan Thomson":2boghzoz]
They must have only ever looked at the deisel trucks and maybe the 3FE petrol engines, needs a completely different front leg design for your truck on the drivers side.[/quote:2boghzoz]

Maybe they could have designed it pretty well for the allowance of the catalytic converters in order to really compensate all the stuffs that you can made and create. In this way, things should be good and it would have been better.

armandjones82 said:
Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Ryan Thomson":1oa9vhoi]
They must have only ever looked at the deisel trucks and maybe the 3FE petrol engines, needs a completely different front leg design for your truck on the drivers side.

Maybe they could have designed it pretty well for the allowance of the catalytic converters in order to really compensate all the stuffs that you can made and create. In this way, things should be good and it would have been better.[/quote:1oa9vhoi]

That seems to be the nice thing to really have it. I hope that things can be good and will be well as you have progressed on that one.

Hey Armandjones82,

The slider has bee sorted for a while now. Frogs ended up making a new front leg as well as welded a bracket to the chassis rail so it bolts up directly and isn't attached with a U-bolt.

Cheers
Ryan

Back