Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just Joined, Hope we can be friends

I must admit that I did a :doh:to myself when I put down the effect that a twin snorkel may have, after re-reading that it was a V8, so here's another :doh:.

It certainly makes more sense to have 2 (one for each air intake) than expecting one to suffice.

Maybe we're all too used to straight 6's and other engines to be immediately familiar with the wonderful petrol V8 :lol:

(I still can't bring myself to call petrol "Gas", to me that's something you buy from an LPG station or get after eating too many green veggies!).

Keep it commin' Phil...

When I say Fuel is meaning petrol and Gas is meaning LPG gas.

gas 'ol' is diesel, sans plomb is gas or petrol, and lpg is something else, fuel is red diesel, and I am confused.

I just put the yellow one in the cars and the mowers and the green one in the push along mower and green one with some oil in, in everything else!

Here diesel is "motorina" petrol is "benzina" and there's no such thing as red diesel, agricultural and construction equipment fuel is taxed the same as DERV. Unleaded is "benzina, fara plumb".

Pretty logical really :?

Yea is does get confusing then, Here in Australia Diesel is just that diesel, Fuel is Unleaded (standard fuel which comes at different grades) and gas is LPG gas. My truck runs on Standard fuel which is Unleaded fuel.
Cars here can run on Unleaded or LPG gas with a switch over from one to the other or diesel and LPG gas mix together.

gas 'ol' is diesel, sans plomb is gas or petrol, and lpg is something else, fuel is red diesel, and I am confused.

I just put the yellow one in the cars and the mowers and the green one in the push along mower and green one with some oil in, in everything else!

Here's a fellow countrymen, I am French from Nanterre and have been in Aust for around 30yrs.

Bonjour!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Although I haven't finished my setup yet as I'm in the process of making more room in the engine bay for the newly added second filter box on the opposite side

Before you dismissed me out of hand, this is exactly the point I was trying to make. If you're putting in 2 snorkels you'll want to work on the rest of the intake setup to maximise the benefit of it.

phil1ooo said:
I'm a PC tech and for those not in the know, PCs run very hot and use up a lot of power to run at the speeds they do which where added cooling systems come in to keep it cooler and make it run faster, now run a water cooled system as well as an air flow system on a PC and you'll be very much surprised as to your PC can do and how fast it runs. Well a car engine work in very much the same way, it needs air and water to keep it cool and the cooler you can keep it the faster and longer it will run as well as running far better and strong (thus) saving fuel and providing more torque/power.

On a simplistic level, this is correct. However, whereas with silicon the colder the better, an engine works best within a certain range of operating temperature. There are thermal efficiences that can be taken advantage of etc etc. This is, of course, separated from your intake charge where a lower temperature is preferable to increase density - hence methanol injection.

Unfortunately LPG injection on diesels has remained largely underused in the UK, a shame really as it goes a long way to improving combustion and cleaning up the exhaust output.

Last edited:
Back