Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just joined the club with a cruiser! (Again)

Congrats Chas, and welcome back, it’s as if you never left. :lol:

That looks a lovely truck and the camper side looks great.
Just please please don’t have it undersealed. There’s so many videos on why any form of rubberised type coating will rot out the underside. Krown or any form of see through film is far better.

I look forward to seeing this in the flesh Chas.

I may have missed it elsewhere but do you still have the Jag?

Hi Chas welcome co:thumbup:me back that is one cool looking cruiser you have .

Sorry the replies are late I've been without the internet for five days, some silly bugger drilled a bore hole in South London and ripped out dozens of fibre optic cables, back now though.
Yes it was the one from Lichfield. the jag has not been sold yet, it will be going back to the sellers I bought it from, they are going to sell it for me at a commission of course.
There are no plans for the new Cruiser yet, maybe some gentle green laning.
Another Cruiser had to happen, the withdrawal symptoms were getting too bad.

The Jag has been sold and I'm back on the road with a Cruiser. Just collected from Julian V after a check over and service. I hate to say it but it's better than the Phoenix, so smooth and comfy and no rattles, puts a big smile on the face. Here she is;

Last edited:
The Jag has been sold and I'm back on the road with a Cruiser. Just collected from Julian V after a check over and service. I hate to say it but it's better than the Phoenix, so smooth and comfy and no rattles, puts a big smile on the face.
I aggree Chas 100s are smoother and much nicer to drive on the road but I just cant keep away from my 80s. Guess I'm lucky to have both

I aggree Chas 100s are smoother and much nicer to drive on the road but I just cant keep away from my 80s. Guess I'm lucky to have both
If I had the room for it I'd have an 80 as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now I have bought my Morris 1000 this Cruiser is up for sale, it hardly been used since the lockdown and the battery is totally flat and won't recharge, so if anybody is interested they will have to come to me to see it. It was imported from Japan and has never been off road, the underside is pristine any inspection welcome, I paid £19000 for it but I don't expect anything like that, I now need room in the garage for my Moggy, all offers welcome. See here for a look round video. The video was by the garage I bought it from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wI8GTgMv2k&t=8s

Last edited:
If its as clean now, that'll hold good money Chas. I couldn't put a price on it, but I certainly wouldn't expect to lose much on your purchase price. Good luck mate.

Well it's been standing for well over a year so it is a bit dusty and the silly Jap wing mirror has been knocked off and there are some scratches, but no dents, on the wing I'm sure they would polish out easily, (that wing mirror was totally useless anyway)
As for price I was hoping for something like £12000 but all offers will be considered, so if anyone would like to take advantage of a poor old pensioner who just needs it gone be my guest.

Well I haven't been inundated with offers yet, c'mon chaps there must be someone who wants a 'fairly' clean Toyota Camper factory conversion 100 series at a reasonable price.

What’s ‘fairly’ clean chas??
looked very clean in the video

What’s ‘fairly’ clean chas??
looked very clean in the video
Ah well Andy, that video is before I got my mucky hands on it, there's a scrape where that silly useless wing mirror got knocked off and another one on the r/h rear where it met a wall near my garage but I think there's no actual dents just scratches that will polish out.

@Chas I suggest that you create a new for sale thread in the appropriate section as you can't tell from this thread that you are actually selling your 100.

Looks good, if I was in the market I pop over for a look. Good luck with the sale

like the truck, 100 series very nice. the down side is the import the radio and the sat nav are in Japanese. not an easy language to learn still very nice. well done

@Chas I suggest that you create a new for sale thread in the appropriate section as you can't tell from this thread that you are actually selling your 100.

Looks good, if I was in the market I pop over for a look. Good luck with the sale
Now sold to a fellow club member Tony.

Glad you managed to move it one. Must admit I was tempted, but I just don't have space for another vehicle on my drive

Now in my hands, and it's lovely truck! So much quieter and comfier than my old 80 and I'm already loving the big woofly V8 (although it really needs to breathe better to release the sounds...)

The only job that has to happen is a new alternator and battery, then it will be undersealed and have an sequential lpg kit with flashlube fitted.

Already looking out for rocksliders and a front bumper and will also upgrade the tyres.

Aiming for a comfy smart truck that can do some overlanding, mild offroading and tow an all out offroader when funds allow.

Now in my hands, and it's lovely truck! So much quieter and comfier than my old 80 and I'm already loving the big woofly V8 (although it really needs to breathe better to release the sounds...)

The only job that has to happen is a new alternator and battery, then it will be undersealed and have an sequential lpg kit with flashlube fitted.

Already looking out for rocksliders and a front bumper and will also upgrade the tyres.

Aiming for a comfy smart truck that can do some overlanding, mild offroading and tow an all out offroader when funds allow.
Shame that my spare 80 alternator wont fit. I remember asking Julian V about rock sliders and he said the suspension gubbins will be in the way of the mounting points, I loved "the big woofly V8" sound too. :romance-heartsthre::romance-heartbeati::romance-heartsthre:

There are sliders available to fit around the AHC gubbins. I do miss the sound of my V8 100 after I modified the exhaust.

Back