Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just something else I do in my spare time.

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
As many of you know I also do building work. After going back to it Feb 2016 these are a few jobs I have done since. I do most of the work myself with help here and there but I can/have done all the work in the photos from digging out the footing to fitting the fasia roof and ground works. The only thing I don't touch is electrics and gas.

IMG_5871.JPG IMG_6853.JPG IMG_7056.JPG IMG_6127.JPG IMG_6130.JPG 20180112_152909.jpg

You'd better come and give me a quote then fella.

It’s hard getting gas down them wires :). I’ve seen some of your work Karl and these other pics are on par with what I’ve seen, good stuff Chap

It’s hard getting gas down them wires :). I’ve seen some of your work Karl and these other pics are on par with what I’ve seen, good stuff Chap

Thanks Trevor. But as always your just full of shxx lol.
The post wasn't for anything more than showing people can do other things really. I'm sure lots on here can turn their hands to other stuff.

@Chris your welcome to drop me a non cruiser related pm ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You are very talented Karl, I wish I could build things like that. A big garage would be the first thing!!

Just over 7.5m. Just a little one really ;)
Two of us got It off my car trailer through the hedge around the back of the house and into th extension with no machines.

IMG_6840.JPG

You are very talented Karl, I wish I could build things like that. A big garage would be the first thing!!

Wouldn't say talented Ben. I went collage and past out as a bricklayer. After that I had various jobs with good builder's who were old school. Most old school are multitrade really. I've always been someone who loves to listen and use other people's experience and absorbe their info. I've done a fair bit of natural stonework as well.

Shame I don't have the time to document my daily life as others do .

Your talent is doing a good job and not cutting corners. I've never seen your work up close but I'm certain that's the case from meeting and talking to you.

Great stuff Karl, it must give great satisfaction to see a finished job that you have done with your own hands, unfortunately I'm not equipped with such skills....

Shame I don't have the time to document my daily life as others do .
You do have the time. You just don't know it. With a camera phone in 5 minutes a day you can take enough pictures to build a good portfolio. What you then need is to give those to somebody who will build you a web page/site to show that off in the best way. Not flashy, just straightforward and honest.

Very nice work it is too, Karl.

Interested to know if you do your own designs? Just being nosey, like...

Very nice work it is too, Karl.

Interested to know if you do your own designs? Just being nosey, like...

I do to a certain point Clive. Most of the Time the customer wants something and i work with them to get what they are looking for. Usually I give my ideas and try do theirs to get the end result.

I do work where the customer has had plans etc though. Usually things get changed as we go through the build anyway though

Most old school are multitrade really

That made me chuckle as i remember qualified brickies agreeing to labour on me because they didn't know how to lay slabs :wtf: :laughing-rolling: , i stopped laughing when QS came along though :ugeek: so how much are you paying the brickies then ;)

It all looks top notch Karl , i wouldn't fancy plastering that ceiling , i never did get good at it :icon-cry:

I do to a certain point Clive. Most of the Time the customer wants something and i work with them to get what they are looking for. Usually I give my ideas and try do theirs to get the end result.

I do work where the customer has had plans etc though. Usually things get changed as we go through the build anyway though

So does that mean that the structural calculations, (how much steel in reinforced concrete and what diameter and foundation depths in different soil types etc., etc.) would already be calculated on the clients’own plans?

I ask because most of the disputes we get (admittedly major civil works projects but the principles are the same) are due to design inadequacies. The Contractors build what’s on the drawings, and then there’s a failure.

Of course the Contractor is first in line for the blame, and we defend them (in a case where the Client’s design is wrong).

Sorry mate I misunderstood you.

We have a trial engineers etc who have to tell us what we need to do etc. Building inspectors etc etc.

I thought you were talking about working to general plans.

Back