Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

karls winch bumper

nice one chris. what size tube are you using for th ba?
spent ages getting mine to fit then couldnt get the winch in at all so i am going to have to put tags on it like you have done.
stu

Well my point exactly mate. Push it back, you can't get a winch in. I still need to speak to Gary about that. Toob. Well to be honest, it's a little bit small I think. But it's all I have. Just under 50 mm. 48. whatever mm. This is my off roader so I ain't proud. Bish bash bosh really. Body lift really not helpful on this winch tray.

Thank you Clive. If only I had though of that., Wait - that's the only way to get them on here anyway! Oh yes, they're straight in the preview and then they tun when I post the final. Which is sorta what I was saying :icon-rolleyes::icon-rolleyes::icon-rolleyes:

Well continuing this stimulating thread .....

I spent some time today Sorry that should have read, I wasted a day trying to bend some toob. That Clarke bender is pretty poor for this application. I broke it, mended it, broke it again - actually that went on for some time. And in the end all I really did was mangle some decent tube. But hey, I got it into a lash up of what I'm after so I could at least have a look to see if it would work. Yes I know it looks rubbish from a distance, but really you should see it close up!! I just need to find someone locally who's a right proper bender. :wtf:

All done in black it would be quite promising I think. OK OK, I know it's not pretty, but it's £120 as opposed to £1000 for an ARB. I have to say one thing - it's bloomin strong now. With the top hoops and the bottom diagonals I can't see this one bending.

Screen Shot 2013-10-06 at 19.03.23.jpg

nice one. still what diameter tube did you use. i am thinking of slightly higher side bars then that. bit like the tjm
ones. although i cant get over how much needs to be done to make it fit. if you dont have fabrication tools its not a bolt on job.
stu

Tube size? Same as I posted yesterday Stu. 50 mm. Come on keep up. Remember I have 40 MM body lift. If I went over the lights the hoops would be huge. Go lower and they block the winkies. I had to pick a line between the bottom of the main lights and top of the flashers. I didn't have a choice in other words.

Yes, not exactly buy and fit is it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I find it strange that its such a pig.Daves is on but we still haven't dropped a winch in. Ill get the Chasie rails measured up and get one order. I Dont dare buy a load like I was going to until we have a product that can simply bolt on.

Looks good Chris. Are you haven't it coated then now ?

I'll probably coat it Karl, but not til I have made some proper hoops. Honestly they are a real lash up and hideous. Looks alright in that pic, but trust me, it's shocking.

C

Thank you Clive. If only I had though of that., Wait - that's the only way to get them on here anyway! Oh yes, they're straight in the preview and then they tun when I post the final. Which is sorta what I was saying :icon-rolleyes::icon-rolleyes::icon-rolleyes:

It's bloomin' weird and frustrating either way. What I've found is when posting direct from the iPad (which has the same rolling apple rotational features as the iPhone) there seems to be no problem with rotation.

Because I know how frustrating it is, I was trying to be helpful, honest :doh:

I know Clive, I know. I have found the solution. Sorted.

i really cant get where you put 40mm tube. must just scan over looked a couple of times.
come on chris show me where???
stu

Looks ok Chris, but have to say not to your usual high standards. Common man shape up :whistle:

Well my point exactly mate. Push it back, you can't get a winch in. I still need to speak to Gary about that. Toob. Well to be honest, it's a little bit small I think. But it's all I have. Just under 50 mm. 48. whatever mm. This is my off roader so I ain't proud. Bish bash bosh really. Body lift really not helpful on this winch tray.

Like err, here?

I think that 60 would be better for the main hoop. But as I said, it's what was on the scrap heap.

i ill start looking for some. thanks chris.
stu

I think that roll cage tube might be the best. It's designed to be bent and welded. I don't need much. It's not cheap but then it's easily available I guess.

There's a place in Oldham called Atlas Tube & Bending Co. that I used to use Chris... For tube bending as it happens... If you want some bends pulling to order, they'd be your men :) Neil Meah used to be the owner; good guy :)

Cool, but I'd need some dymenshins Gav and you know what us Hilly Billy Boys are like. Piece of straw behind t'ear. Arr, 'bout there my lovely!

I wouldn't really know where to start in relation to producing a size for them

i found on eblag somebody doing 50mm bends in seemless roll cage tube. they are £10 per bend and you would only need about 1m of tube so it will work out fairly good value. saves buying a long length and getting it bent.
i am thinking of 2x 50mm 75deg bends for the middle and then 2x 90 for the side hoops. not 100% yet on the middle one yet.
not sure if to make it taper into the top or not.
stu

Back