Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Key Fob

Dark Dude

Does anyone know of a reliable place (excluding ebay and Mr T) where I can source a replacement key fob for my LC100? Any and all suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

John

What do you mean by key fob?

The key its self and its shell or the electric bits that fit inside?

I have had a look and can only find ebay and Mr T.

With some help you can just get one off ebay and reprogram it.

Hello,

I brought two off of ebay very recently. They were genuine Toyota ones and just moved the insides from the broken to the new. Did need to get the key blank cut as that is not moveable part from old to new.
But work fine and really pleased with purchase.

I have moved my key blanks from old to new......

Its a tricky job to get right but with a lighter you heat up the new key blank just enough so the heat is transfered to the plastic body to make it soft enough to push the blank key through the body and out. You then insert the old original key and reverse the process by heating it up enough to soften the plastic and with a small screwdriver manipulate the plastic back into place.

Hope this helps.

warrenpfo said:
What do you mean by key fob?

The key its self and its shell or the electric bits that fit inside?

I have had a look and can only find ebay and Mr T.

With some help you can just get one off ebay and reprogram it.

Warren

Just the shell. Nice trick with the lighter and screwdriver. I might one day jump in the car and come over to you for a performance. :clap:

I brought a key fob off ebay last year but when it arrived it came with the wrong type of blank which meant I couldn't get it cut so you see Warren's solutions would be the perfect fix for me.

John

Have any of you had a problem with the metal part breaking out of the fob?
I've not long had my 100 & it came with 2 broken keys - I bought a new one from ebay & had the blade cut & it's just been broken again by a valet parking company - I'm claiming £150 for a genuine one from Toyota but I wonder if the official ones are any stronger than the replacements?
cheers
Chris

ps nice idea about melting the blade in!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine came with a broken original one, but it is 12yrs old!
My last one had separate fob to key as it was older still, not sure if the bits out of the key would fit one of those fobs as I did not manage to break any of them for the three years I had that one?
Just a thought.

Back