Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Krown U.K. Rustproofing

Thinking of getting mine done, how clean does it need to be to take it out of interest, would I need to steam clean it 1st
They put it up on a ramp and pressure wash it off underneath. That said, I would say they can't get everything, but they do have a damn good go at it. I found a couple of spots, that had got missed but not more than a beer mat in total. It is tricky getting everywhere. I got a can of the stuff to apply to anything that I found. You could probably spend a day cleaning without the ramp and achieve the same result.

They put it up on a ramp and pressure wash it off underneath. That said, I would say they can't get everything, but they do have a damn good go at it. I found a couple of spots, that had got missed but not more than a beer mat in total. It is tricky getting everywhere. I got a can of the stuff to apply to anything that I found. You could probably spend a day cleaning without the ramp and achieve the same result.
I have a HGV ramp i can use to steam clean it, if I needed to

I'll do the same Rich when I go up there, I wonder if he remembers giving me the discount at the AO show two years ago.
Hmm, don't know really Chas. I'm sure they would remember a chap like your good self but I think you had to book it at the show. The answer is to have a word with Edgar. I did get a letter offering the same discount on production of it but I gave that away to werneroeder who hasn't got his truck any more.

I have a HGV ramp i can use to steam clean it, if I needed to
I guess the cleaner you can get it the less time they need to spend. I went after Lincomb but I didn't take the truck round anywhere but the camping field.

IMG_0793.JPGIMG_0793.JPG IMG_0796.JPG IMG_0796.JPG Took the car to Krown as I said and what a great job they did.I arrived early and they were just finishing of an immaculate 1972 MGB.
Firstly Rob, I think his name is explained what he would be doing and how the product worked.He put the car upon the lift and showed me the underneath and all the usual "dodgy"spot which he said we surprisingly good so well pleased there.He then jet washed all the underside and proceeded to treat car while I was plied with tea and coffee upstairs.Every so often Rob would call me down to do more explaining and showing me what he would be doing next,this included removing the rear light clusters and the plastic trims inside the wheel arches to gain full access to the chassis.The whole process took around 3 1/2 hours and once the paperwork was completed I left the premises around 6.30.I was given and guarantee and a free can of both a WD40 type product and chain oil both produced by Krown free of charge plus a numbered assessment of the state of the chassis scaled from 0(excellent) to 4 ( bad) with the car being given a 1 so very pleased with that.

I would certainly recommend them to anyone wanting peace of mind where the underside of their car is concerned and in fact a relative has already book his car in to be treated.

IMG_0793.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 136283View attachment 136283 View attachment 136284 View attachment 136284 Took the car to Krown as I said and what a great job they did.I arrived early and they were just finishing of an immaculate 1972 MGB.
Firstly Rob, I think his name is explained what he would be doing and how the product worked.He put the car upon the lift and showed me the underneath and all the usual "dodgy"spot which he said we surprisingly good so well pleased there.He then jet washed all the underside and proceeded to treat car while I was plied with tea and coffee upstairs.Every so often Rob would call me down to do more explaining and showing me what he would be doing next,this included removing the rear light clusters and the plastic trims inside the wheel arches to gain full access to the chassis.The whole process took around 3 1/2 hours and once the paperwork was completed I left the premises around 6.30.I was given and guarantee and a free can of both a WD40 type product and chain oil both produced by Krown free of charge plus a numbered assessment of the state of the chassis scaled from 0(excellent) to 4 ( bad) with the car being given a 1 so very pleased with that.

I would certainly recommend them to anyone wanting peace of mind where the underside of their car is concerned and in fact a relative has already book his car in to be treated.

View attachment 136283
What was their price Mathew?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Chas it was £322 so not cheap but I guess its you get what you pay for.

Nice one Matt. That looks in pretty good condition underneath so it should now stay that way. :thumbup:

Sorry I seem to have made a mess of the pictures, will try posting a few more tomorrow

Resurrecting what might be considered the original thread because I think Starcruiser first introduced us to Krown , and because I can’t for love nor money find my own pics so I must guess I had my 80 Krown treated about 3 or 4 years ago .

It might be of interest that I finally got around to removing the Krown from where it seeped out of the upper tailgate with boiling water direct from the kettle and paper towels , and it took a fair bit of scrubbing .

31BA2DC0-1F69-44DA-A72F-48449B5E3CA9.jpeg

FE24605D-8E6D-46A4-927A-A32DF07F838E.jpeg

Trucks been jet washed I don’t know how many times at home and maybe 4 times a year I go to Morrison’s for their hot soapy brush and blast on wax , so make of that what you will .

So it struck to the car all the time and protected paint work ? it might protect underside also from elements?

In the pic, just below AZON badge there is some damaged paint and Krown was on it all this time. Let’s say if that part was exposed to elements, would that develop into big rust patch?

Bugger , you made me go wipe that bit off as well

E0F3F832-8F0A-4159-9C39-3E72E24C8B8E.jpeg

For the record the boys at Krown said mine is the best condition 80 they had seen at the time , i think they scored it 0.5 on a scale of 1 to 5 .

For me the point is Krown sticks and is not easily removed .

• Haha
Reactions: Raj
0.5 is good score.
My car is 7 year old n got 1.

Hi

I been thinking about getting a top up on mine.

What are people thoughts on this. Is it worth it?

Regards
Gary

Have you had your complimentary top-up already? I think I had mine two years after the initial job.

Back