Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kumho MT Tyres

guruvetim

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Anybody using Kumho MT tyres? I'm thinking of getting a set for my 100 series. They are 1/2 the price of BFG Ko2 that I'm running just now and I fancy getting something a bit chunkier for driving off road in Zimbabwe (mainly in the rain season).

I had a set of these tyres.. they were good but when the rears wore down my kzj71 would skid on the rear when changing from 3rd to 2nd.

They have a very fat tread so as they wear they feel like running a bald tyre.

Also check the weight limit on them as they have a soft side wall. Compared to the toyo mt I replaced them with. The toyo's are far superior at £125 per corner.

I've used the mt s on my hilux and although a great tyre I think they are very soft and do wear down very quickly compared to others. Mind you my bfg ats km2 I believe are wearing much faster than the old ko s ever did

Thank for the replys

I'm not too concerned about the wear rate as I only do about 5000kms a year as the Cruiser is in Zimbabwe and I only get to drive it for a couple of months each year. It's a 1998 and it's only done 245,000 kms. I'll double check the load ratings.

Toyo's not an option here, really just BFG/Kumho of Firestone

Falken Wildpeak AT2... if you can get them, Had them on my 80 for a couple of years now, They just dont seem to wear, And under £500 for 5...

Last edited:
Been looking at the AT3 version of those Falkens as possible alternatives to the excellent Yoko GO15 currently fitted to the 120, a bargainous £96 on Camskill today, whats the betting both they and the Yokos are up around £140 when i need new boots.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back