Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ95 AUTO RADIATOR

mattp41

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi I'm looking to replace my old rad in my 95, can anyone please tell me where to pick up a good quality one from? thanks matt

Me too, and its not leaking yet...........must be nearly 12m ago now :)

ok thanks lads so you would say they are good quality then?...

Straight fit and in my 3 or 4 years on here i am yet to hear a complaint about Roughtrax or the parts they sell .

Grate..thanks very much. do you need to top up the gear box oil after fitting the new rad?..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would take the time to flush the auto box - drop what atf you can and refill, you wont get it all out.

Out of interest, what was wrong with your rad?

if it was the original it was 3 core, thing replacements tend to be 2 core.

pete

hi wobbly, nothings wrong with it but is it not a good idea to replace every so often? as its an auto and base the oil cooler in it and you don't want leeks into the gearbox oil….thanks.

It is a good idea, preventative maintenance I reckon.

A 3 core rad has a bigger cooled area than 2 core, so I would try for a 3 core if possible - Toyota are uber £££ though.

pete

As for the oil coller itself, I would, any day of the week, fit an external (stand alone) Air-Oil-ATFoilcooler

The danger of polluting the AFT with antifreeze is not to be taken litely

Reg the intial Q; I took out my rad the aother day when I replaced the engine (see separate thread) & topped up with abt 0.5l when refotting it. I did clamp the hoses though while disconnecting.

Back