Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lakes 27-29 June 2014 - the Hilux story

Internal gps Gav,
Works fine

Yes a good trip it was

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Andy what day did you bump into the Kanku lot? Was it on the wednesday as I was in the lakes instructing on an Expedition Leader Course and half of our group was doing some off roading with that lot. The feedback we got from the clients after being with Kanku wasn't great to be honest.CheersRichie

It was a Saturday
They charge £75 per person or £285 for a car for 1/2 day
They seem pretty organised and drive some of the more challenging trails in lakes

What didn't your clients like

I timed driving the grizedale trail to specifically miss them as they drive it opposite direction to recommended 4x4 code of practice

The Ickenthwaite axle twister is no more
Whole track and all rock steps covered in gravel and smoothed over now

Same with gatesgarth pass trail upto locked gate. The whole track repaired and an easy drive now

Ickenthwaite Last year
6eqevepu.jpg

And now

yza7y3yg.jpg

Last edited:
It was a Saturday
They charge £75 per person or £285 for a car for 1/2 day
They seem pretty organised and drive some of the more challenging trails in lakes

What didn't your clients like

I timed driving the grizedale trail to specifically miss them as they drive it opposite direction to recommended 4x4 code of practice

Without going onto lots of details but one of the clients feedback was he didn't appreciate the instructor saying to him "If don't what I say I'm going to punch you in the face!"

Any clearance issues on parkamoor? I've driven it in a defender 90, suzuki sj, and a swb pajero. not sure I'd chance it in my 120!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A couple scrapes on the gearbox asfir skid plate, remember hilux has a longer wheelbase than LC, but nothing major when driving with care.

Excellent trip report Andy, thanks for sharing. The pics look great, looks like you did some nice routes, I must try and get up that way sometime and have a drive around. Nice to see the HiLux is working well for you guys, it looks a very fine truck, you must be please with your work.

The Tour de France came straight past my depot in East London, an impressive spectacle indeed, didn't care much for the caravan that preceded them though, they were travelling at speed and actively trying to hit the spectators with their freebies!

How are you finding the auto D4D combination?

Auto D4d is good nice engine and 5spd auto box is nice
But where do people get 30mpg from in their 120 series
Averaging 23mpg on our trip, and that's with hilux running 2wd on Tarmac

Nice going Andy. I don't het anywhere near 30mpg either - much closer to what you're getting. What did your KZTE give you?

Ja ja - will try get them complete tonight and tomorrow :)

On similar trip the KZTE gave about 20mpg, 3mpg less

Some great lanes there.

Reckon you'd love Portugal, similar lanes but far less people!

Pete

some really good lanes there, and your name seems familiar lol

Back