Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lakes - Breasthigh road - Saturday 23 April 2011

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Did my first greenlane on Saturday, in the 90 series. Joined in the landcruiser by 2 of my brothers and 2 friends.
Ive done lots offroading on farmland in Scotland when shooting. But never done rocky trials.

well, Breasthigh road was the first greenlane, and what a lane it was, think I should have chosen something a bit easier for starters....

The lane starts near Tebay by M6 and starts at 230m and climbs upto 435m pass before a steep descent to Borrowdale and finishes on A6 after a ford crossing.

It was very rocky, bouldery, with rock steps, steep climb and decent and some scary sections where the vehicle leaned right over..

Scratched the paintwork on a turf/gravel bank one particulary vile lean on a hairpin on the descent to the A6, but rocksliders too most of the damage, will need to touch the paint up on car though, didnt go through to metal just the undercoat.

Think i would have got a lot more damage on an unmodified vehicle.

Brothers, mates and I astounded that the landcruiser manage the obstacles and trail!
underbody skid plates and sliders did their job.
Used the rear locker on 3 occasions, when i couldnt get over things with just the centre locker. On one of the harder rocksteps i had one front wheel an diagonal opposite rear wheel in the air and the landcruiser was seasawing! rear locker got me moving again!

what fun!!!!!! wow, but might choose some easier lanes next time!. was going to do the Sadgill lane today, but it was 55min drive to get to it, and wanted to get home to aberdeen.

looking forward to wales and peaks in May!
and hoping Pyrenees trails arent as rough as Breasthigh road!!

couple pics of cruiser nows its home and battle scars.

waiting with anticipation for friends and brothers to send action shots on the lane!! and will post them as soon as

wish scotland had greenlanes now..... loved it!!!

scratch1.jpg

land anchor and waffle boards not needed

scratch2.jpg

scratches to sliders and bottom corner of rear door and below handle.

....and now got some photos! enjoy

looking back up Breasthigh road after crossing the ford and about to rejoin the A6
bh1.jpg

approaching a washed out area and rockstep
bh2.jpg

rear-locker needed to get over this step
bh3.jpg

brothers acting as spotters
bh4.jpg

spotters didn't do such a good job here.... ended up too close to bank
bh5.jpg

scratchhhhh - and biker pausing to watch
bh6.jpg

checking out a drop
bh7.jpg

another leaning section
bh8.jpg

messing around with beer back at the camping barn
beer_shelves.jpg

more photos promised to come from another friend who took more

Your Cruiser looks great out there . :thumbup: :thumbup: .. lanes look ok too :cool:

Back