Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser 95 with 1KZ-TE -> Severe Engine issues

Had her up on stands Thursday. Went over all bolts & nuts. Hooked up the rear heater matrix again.
Connected back the tune box.
She is definately back in business & performing as we want her to!

I was abit sceptical abt the generic tune box in general ..... -> BUT having now driven if for a bit with & without the tune, the tunes stays 100%!
As soon as I sort out the top mounted IF with my Bud (see separate thread) I recon this one too will get the "cold air" treatment.

The old busted engine is till sitting untouched on my trailer.
As soon as I get around to it I will take off the bottom end & have a glare.
I know a few of You have been wondering about it`s condition.... & me too for that matter.
Just need to find time....

So again from me to those of You who pitched in with sound advice & the practical :thumbup:
I genuinly appreciate the input:clap:

Glad it's all up together and running well Peter. Best of luck with it especially the cooling side of things.

Thanks a bunch!

The rad is pretty new, I did a through clean on the rest & threw some high percentage glykol in her.

Had hot weather on Thursday when I gave her a good spin on the motorway. So far everything is back to normal.
BUT I will keep a close eye on the gauge nevertheless.

ATB

Hello Peter
Did you ever remove the oilsump? Did you find what caused the knockin sound? I have exactly the same sound and symptoms in my engine - 1kzte.

Nonni

Hi Nonni!

Yes I did
The bottom end was totally knackered. Bearings gone... Why no white metal showed up in either sump nor filter remains a mystery.
There was some tear on the crank too.... Nothing worth a rebuild...
Sorry, no pictures.

Parts of the engine are now living on in other Cruisers :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Nonni!

Yes I did
The bottom end was totally knackered. Bearings gone... Why no white metal showed up in either sump nor filter remains a mystery.
There was some tear on the crank too.... Nothing worth a rebuild...
Sorry, no pictures.

Parts of the engine are now living on in other Cruisers :)

I presume big ends, not mains, Peter?

Back