Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser increasing in value?

it'd be nice to see some photos of the underside/ engine bay etc. Like anything the value of something is what someone is prepared to pay for it. We brought our 105 for £18k in 2010, but it was a 2003 with 25k miles on it and was in bloody great condition, plus we knew we were going to do a lot of overlanding in it throughout out lives so we were happy to pay (probably over the odds) for that vehicle because it was exactly what we wanted.

Personally I prob wouldn't pay £20k for that one, but maybe someone will.

This subject gets discussed every time an expensive 80 comes up. It's amazing what a valet and polish can do. Look at the wheels and the rear bumper and as mentioned above, what about the underside? As already said, if someone is prepared to pay it then it must be worth it but there's no way I'd pay that.

Someone down Chesham way has a habit of advertising Landcruisers at a price so inflated it will never sell . I remember a red 80 with arctic flares like mine bouncing around for years at a stupid price until it wound up in a breakers yard i believe .

I've a vague notion its not the typical scam of dressing up junk but rather something to do with fiddling the books somehow , inflated stock value to satisfy creditors maybe ?

The MOT History looks impressive, Probably worth 7 grand ish... But there are a lot better out there for less. Agree with Shayne there will be a reason its over priced not to sell..... And the ever Rare Manual:lol:

Hey them rare manual 80's are worth a fortune especially black ones don't you be knocking my pension plan :angry-nono:

:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry Shayne but my Pension adviser was adamant it was the Blue rare Manual that would see me right come pension Day.... Blue is the new Black :lol:

Is that the one??? for 20 grand id want it gold plate underneath.. :thumbup:

I think the availability of 80 series (and good 90; 100; 105; 120) are drying up.

Not much seems to be on the market at present.

I know a guy looking for a late 80 series and there does not appear to be much running around.

Yeh! your right.. I think there are two on ebay at the moment, Both petrol.... Be a good time to sell my 24V

Best I stay out of this one ..:whistle:

Who while knowing what they have in a Landcruiser is going to try and sell it when viewing is difficult , good condition for a 20+ year old truck is the only honest description that can be offered and what does that mean exactly .

Peak 80 prices.Just wait till the Covid economic effects work through.Once prices start to increase above long term trends by more than 10 to 15 % a year we are in bubble territory -just ask the people who paid 20 + K for a MK 2 jag in the 80s. VW beetles & split screen campers have seen similar madness .

That car was previously listed on ebay for £10990, then taken down and relisted with a 9k increase. Good luck to him!

Last edited:
That first one sold for £7850 on ebay. I was bidding!.North of Edinburgh unfortunately so tough to keep going without actually seeing it. Its not triple locked and had a few bits of trim to fix, electric window and aerial motor, air con.

It was a nice looking Truck... Get it out of Scotland Quick, Before it starts rusting..(Again) :lol:

Back