Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser newbie!

Heath...

Country Flag
uk
Hi all and thank you for producing such a great site! I've just bought my first LC and I'm very impressed. I've managed to get hold of a 4.2td Amazon 2002. Needs some work as I bought it from a land owner who just used it to drive around his estate but now I've cleaned it up a bit (filthy inside and out as he also owned a quarry!) It's starting to look like something that resembles a decent, practical work horse. I needed to replace the rear window and waiting for parts to sort out the well known bouncing suspension problem but hoping to get her back on the road by next week.
Pics to follow :)

:text-welcomewave:Hi Heath,
welcome to the land cruiser family!
with a bit of tlc, the amazon is a great truck and it has a great engine.
as for the suspension, the tendency is to get rid of the hydraulic suspension and put springs instead.
we are now waiting for pictures before and after cleanup :text-worthless:
regards,
wout

Hi Heath,

Nice intro and sounds like with the fettling it needs you’re getting a good truck. As long as the tin worm underneath hasn’t got a hold the rest is bolt on bits. As above, we really do like pics on here y’know. :)
Welcome, good to have you aboard.

Best wishes

Rich

welcome to the forum.

good luck with cleaning her up
Well this is only photo I took before the clean up started. She was so dusty inside that you couldn't even see the wood trim! I've also removed about 50kg of dried quarry mud from the underside. I'll take some 'now' photos shortly and post them up

20180415_162244.jpg

And here she is now (apparently the old boy I bought her from named her Betsy) ive still got to replace the front screen (insurance job) and sort the bounce out but shes nearly there. Oh and source an upper brake light as this was smashed along with the rear screen
20180513_160814.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
doesnt look bad at all. all the dirt may have helped keeping it half ok underneath.

What a transformation, she’s looking grand is Betsy.

Well her last owner never polished her from new! So the paint work was kind of a Matt finish ...a few hours and plenty of Tcut has made a vast improvement.
He was ready to scrap her but I couldn't let that happen, not with only 167k on the clock ;)
This story just gets better… has he got any more?

Back