Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser V6 GXR Model 2001 - Timing Chain

sherqa

T-Belt indicator lights on my Land Cruiser GXR 2001 V6, I checked with the workshop and they told that its not T-Belt its Chain and no need to worry and not required to change it, just need to reset the indicator.

Its completed almost 300,000km, please advise if its required to change the timing chain or not.

Thanks

Would this be a 90-series?

My thoughts are:

RZJ90
VZN185 Surf/4Runner
VZJ120 L/C Prado/Colorado; they were launched in 2002, but not sure if that was year or model year.

Probably best to get the Chassis number and we can go from there.

If it's got a T-Belt light, it's likely to have a T-belt. The only good news is that most Toyota timing belt equipped engines are non-interference, whereas timing chain equipped engines are interference...

Its 2001 Model, Engine 4.5, V6, Petrol Engine
I checked with the spare parts shop, they confirmed its chain, do I need to change the chain because they told for the chain no need to chain as there is no any sound of chain coming from the engine?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like it'll be a 1FZ-FE, which is an inline 6. No idea on if it's belt or chain though.

Paddler Ed Thanks, I searched with your info you provided ( 1FZ-FE ) and found an image for the same engine, its chain :clap:

IMG_1359.jpg

Back