Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser Amazon spare wheel dilema

Dexter(R1)

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi, I am Steve and I have just registered to the Club.

I need some help urgently.

I have lost my part for lowering the spare wheel. Does anyone live nearish to Farnborough Hants and be willing to let me drive over and use your part to lower my spare wheel down please.

100 series? No problem, I'm in Newbury. Might be over your way during the weekend but not 100% certain on that.

Hi Doodle, thanks for that. If you are over my way that would be great but if necessary I will travel to you. My mobile is 07896 256719.

No probs. I'll ping you in the morning when my plans are more certain.

100 series spare wheel winders usually have keyed ends so it might not be that simple.

You know, I was wondering about that myself Jon - the key isn't a "regular" pattern, no doubt to stop you using your tool to remove anyone else's spare without permission!

I'm guessing the spare is trapped until one has the correct key from Toyota then.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a key and it's "lock" from my 100 when I removed the spare from underneath. The "lock" is removable with the tyre out the way or if you lucky the key I have will fit your lock as there are only two types of keys.

Shout if interested

samy6eby.jpg5epyhezu.jpgdavy3ade.jpgbuve8y6e.jpg

That looks the same as my key pattern, but I'm not going out to the car right now to check, it's howling it down!

Jon, my local dealer showed me a drawing taken from their spares manual and they are all the same. Seems daft I know but there you are.

How much do you want for it Warren. Let me know including P&P and I will sort it out.

I can't send you a pm as you have low post count I think. How does £25 inc postage work for you

Perfect mate. If you have Paypal I will pay with that and add a couple of quid extra to cover any charges. my number is 07896 256719. Call or send a text which will probably be quicker. If PayPal is Ok then all I need is your PayPal user name and use the send money option.

Cheers Warren

Back