Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LandCruiser

Kileni

Hi, I'm Kileni.

I grew up in the US and will likely end up there again someday.

In the last couple of decades I've lived in Venezuela (where I first saw the LJ70 "Machito," my favorite LandCruiser) and am now in Tunisia.

I've owned a few different LandCruisers and currently have a:
  • 1988 LJ70 - trying to transition it from a total piece of junk, hoping it'll someday be able to run around on the dunes, beaches, and mountains
  • 2000 HZJ105 - great shape, almost completely original
Someday it would be fun to get these vehicles back to the US, if I can maintain them there, though they weren't originally sold there.

H Kileni

I couldn't say for sure about how things work in the US but more often than not Japan is the first port of call for genuine parts for older cruisers wherever in the world club members happen to be .

Here is one of the most common places named https://www.amayama.com/en but there are others .

Postage and import duty are the things that upset people but there is no shortage of parts .

H Kileni

I couldn't say for sure about how things work in the US but more often than not Japan is the first port of call for genuine parts for older cruisers wherever in the world club members happen to be .

Here is one of the most common places named https://www.amayama.com/en but there are others .

Postage and import duty are the things that upset people but there is no shortage of parts .

That's super helpful, Shayne! Thanks sincerely!

Welcome aboard Kileni :thumbup:

So, are the trucks in Venezuela or with you in Tunisia?

The 105 appeals to me. I have no plan to be rid of my beloved 80, but the 105 is it’s only rival!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome aboard Kileni :thumbup:

So, are the trucks in Venezuela or with you in Tunisia?

The 105 appeals to me. I have no plan to be rid of my beloved 80, but the 105 is it’s only rival!

Thanks! Yeah, they are both in Tunisia with me. I had a 1988 60 Series "Samurai" (Venezuelan nickname) LandCruiser there.

Back