Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Last word on KOYO bearings

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I went to see Carl at Milners today. I needed some bits and bobs but asked him about bearings whilst I was there.

I told him how everyone was delighted that he was stocking genuine bearings at a really good price. This was in response to people wanting them, he said beaming from behind the counter. I know I said. There's just one thing says I......

What if they aren't genuine

He disappeared and came back with a carton.

"It says KOYO on the carton"

Carl opens the carton and takes out a boxed bearing

"It says KOYO on the box"

Carl opens the box and takes out the bearing in its wrapper

"It says KOYO on the wrapper"

Carl rips the plastic slightly and says

"It says KOYO and JAPAN on the bearing and do you know why?" Says he ......

BECAUSE THEY ARE F*****G KOYO, THAT'S WHY!!!!

"They don't only fit your hubs you know. We get containers full of these bearings for all sorts of cars. This isn't the Landcruiser 80 series only shop"

I left with the impression that Carl thought there were some people he just couldn't please.

If it says KOYO - it's KOYO. If it says Namichi or something, then guess what....... :roll: You have to remember that Milners import this stuff and a good deal of it goes out wholesale to other factors. They don't just do over the counter sales. Lift kits are a case in point. They have those made. I know they do. If you look on line, you'll see lift kits on e-bay etc. Look carefully and you'll see that they come from Milner.

All part of the service folks.

Chris

well duh...

but

some people feel better spending 4 X the amount for the Toyota box.
:whistle:

Hmm, that gives me an idea. I have some original bearing boxes.

For sale: 80 series wheel bearings. Genuine Koyo in Koyo wrappers in genuine Toyota boxes. 4 x whatever Milner are charging. Boxes must be returned :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello Barbados!

Chris

Just to follow up on Chris's topic here, I ordered some front wheel bearings from Milner and they arrived today. As Chris says, box says Koyo, bearing says Koyo.
Here's some pics for the sceptical:

P1020712-M.jpg

P1020717-M.jpg

erm new on the left :lol:
P1020720-M.jpg

P1020719-M.jpg

Same numbers etc stamped on them:
P1020718-M.jpg

P1020715-M.jpg

P1020716-M.jpg

Hmmm, I wonder, not really sure if these are Koyo bearings :roll: what do you lads think? :twisted:

More than happy with my purchase. Both bearings and seals came to £90 delivered. Just the one bearing from Mr T was double the price! Now to actually finish the job I started 2 week ago :whistle:

Sorry Tony, just run that by me again - which one was it that you was saying was the cheap rip off Chinese copy? The one on the left or the right. I'm really confused now as they look identical. It's amazing. Have to say, I'm completely fooled - it's almost like they are genuine. But I am with Rob on this one all the way. It can't be right.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Meh, there is no convincing you neigh sayers! :hand: Carl at Milners clearly has a point :shifty:

Hmm, must be an 80 thing. Below are the Milners rear halfshaft bearing kit for my 70 I bought just before Lincomb last October. Do I now wait for the rear wheels to fall off :confusion-confused:

P1020398.jpg

Still made in Japan Trevor.

Sure they'll be fine. The way you drive, anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

Chris said:
Hmm, that gives me an idea. I have some original bearing boxes.

For sale: 80 series wheel bearings. Genuine Koyo in Koyo wrappers in genuine Toyota boxes. 4 x whatever Milner are charging. Boxes must be returned :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello Barbados!

Chris

NO, :lol: NO, :lol: NO, :lol: NO, :lol:

You can only do that in China,

That's my remit.

Gra.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm gently running them in, don't want to wear them out too quickly

TonyP said:
Same numbers etc stamped on them:
P1020718-M.jpg

P1020715-M.jpg
If you were going to go to the hassle of copying bearings and putting them in replica boxes, then surely stamping the same numbers onto the races would be part of the copying act? :think:
:laughing-rolling:

True, but when looking at them, if they were fake, then they are really well made. I think I'll live with them and I very much doubt I will have LB in another 50k miles so actually I don't care!:dance:

Just brought new bearings for a truck. Koyos from my bearing place. Quite a bit more than milliners ones are.

I know they are genuine though.

Back