Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC 80 VX (1hdt) Diesel Runing Hotter

Guys

I took the head off today. third time now :( And I replace every time it with a OEM gasket.

How will it look if the gasket is blown on the head and gasket?

I will take the head in next week for a pressure test.
What else should I check while it is off?

.... What else should I check while it is off?

Have you checked the bores for any cracks yet?.... you really do need to get right in there and visually inspect.

If anything looks remotely suspicious, get the crack spray out and test :thumbup:

This is how the head and gasket looks, does it look blown? How does it look when it is blown?

5 photos:

Head1.JPGHead2 - Close up.JPGHead3 - Close up.JPGGasket1.JPGGasket2.JPG

Impossible to know from the photos.

Have you checked the bores for any cracks yet?.... you really do need to get right in there and visually inspect.

If anything looks remotely suspicious, get the crack spray out and test :thumbup:

Yes/No????????

A visual inspection should be enough to check.... I only used the 3 part crack detection spray to confirm my suspicions once I thought I had found a crack.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A quick update:

I got the head back from the engineering guys, they had to scheme it.

The did a pressure test and said it is fine.

I did a penetrating spray test as-well just to be sure on the head and each cylinder, and all looks fine J

Not to put it all together and see what happens.

Paul, one question I want to ask you, on the timing gears, when it is on both marks on the crank pulley and the injector pump, the front cylinder closest to you is at the bottom, is that right?

An update:

The head is back, I will drive it this week and see what it is doing. Now for a beer. :)

Paul, one question I want to ask you, on the timing gears, when it is on both marks on the crank pulley and the injector pump, the front cylinder closest to you is at the bottom, is that right?

Sorry scalci I missed this post, I guess you have managed to sort it now?

As long as you have followed the manual you can not go wrong:-
i-KwmsHj9.gif

I hope all goes well next week :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back