Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lc2 2003 engine jammed

Dean Clear

Hi my names Dean I have an lc2 d4d 5 dr auto 2003. It's done 213k.
I found your forum while trawling the net to try and identify possible causes for my engine to have locked up. We've had her from new and she's used every day, sorry to start my association with yourselves by asking a question but would dearly like to get the car back on the road. She was driving normally I pulled away from a junction heard a faint noise turned down the radio to hear it slowed to about 25mph did around 300 yards and the engine stopped. When I turned the key the starter just goes clonk the temperature gauge showed normal but a socket and long bar cannot shift the crank? Does anyone have any ideas of what to look for other than possible seized engine.
Thanks for reading this far on my long first posting Dean

Have you had your injector washers checked? Toyota are doing a recall for them. Basically you can get blow by past the injector washers, and if left untreated the sump pickup pipe will eventually block leading to a lack of oil and ultimately a seized engine. Have a search for injector seals in the 120 section for more info. IMO Toyota should fit you a new engine free of charge if the pickup pipe is blocked.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Dean,

Sorry to hear of your woes. As Rob has said, there is a known problem with the D4d 3litre and it can be terminal for the engine. Presumably it has been serviced according to the schedules etc so it's not a cambelt thats let go (I'm assuming the D4d has a belt not a chain?)
Also regular servicing will mean that clean oil has been added fairly frequently - part of the problem that Rob mentioned is that carbon deposits build up in the oil and block the oil pick-up. Lack of oil changes or overly long intervals between changes will obviously make this problem worse.

Good luck and kepe us posted on what you find. And fire away with any questions :thumbup: We're all here to help and to learn!

Cheers,

Back