Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lc200 mini review.

I'd really like a 200 but the Government in it's infinite wisdom tax these at £460 per year, even though the mileage is pretty reasonable and emissions pretty decent (probably only twice that of a mini but able to ferry twice the number of bodies).

Looking at the transafrican trip though - if my calcs are correct the 200 only did 15 to the gallon? Is that right?

Whilst I appreciate that £460 is a hefty amount to pay in VED, for anyone that can afford to buy and run a 200 in the UK today, it is a relatively small price to pay.

For example it will be a lot less than 10% of its first year's depreciation alone. And assuming an average annual mileage of 12k and consumption of 20mpg, it will be just over 10% of the annual diesel bill.

Once they get older and more affordable for the masses then VED might be more of a consideration, though I still think that depreciation and running costs will always outweigh VED.

That my 2p worth - YMMV :icon-biggrin:

For a big truck she performs incredibly, and gets better fuel economy in real terms than my previous 150!! She has been chipped and set on an economical setting, but performs better than standard as well!

Best vehicle I've owned.

Cheers

VED hardly seems worth worrying about in exchange for driving a car you really enjoy :icon-cool:

I plan to take some up to date pics over the Christmas break, as soon as sorted I will load them on here. It was filthy dirty just from the crap coming up off the road, washed it on Saturday, it certainly ages better than the wife!

I'd really like a 200 but the Government in it's infinite wisdom tax these at £460 per year, even though the mileage is pretty reasonable and emissions pretty decent (probably only twice that of a mini but able to ferry twice the number of bodies).

Looking at the transafrican trip though - if my calcs are correct the 200 only did 15 to the gallon? Is that right?

We drove with a weight of 3.8tons through africa.. With roof rack and box and so on.

He consume in the mix 16.55 Liter for 100km, with much offroad… You have to search for an converter to calculate that to gallons.

Surfy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
and even 16.55 liters/100km is excellent - my 80 GXL 4500 EFi used to turn in 20 liters / 100 on open tar roads with no load, cruising at 130kph in 5th all day ... - in the dunes and low range that could and did go to 33 liters / 100km. :wtf:

BTW - 16.55/100 = 17.0683345 miles/gallon(UK)

Considering it was mixed driving and fully laden, can't complain.
Can't get mine under 24mpg, and that's lots of local, farm driving and always outside lane on the motorway.

Greetings my friends from USA!

I'm glad I have the petrol engine and no ahc. Mine is a 2014 that I lifted right away with icon and ome parts. It rides very nicely. Well dampened and controlled even with 325 all terrain tires.

No need to put down other LCs. You can enjoy them all for the unique strengths they bring to the table. 100 and 80 is very affordable with big aftermarket ecosystem. The 200 is arguably the most well developed lc to date with Toyota having invested double the normal engineering effort.

I cannot even begin to compare the quality between the range rover autobiography I owned to my 200. I had the 510hp motor. Nice leather dash. But one could never trust the quality of it has it is built for short term enjoyment so can't be trusted. Toyota has the best truck engineers on earth.

Enjoy your cruisers in good health! Cheers.

I just got it and it is a great and i am very happy with it and want to go on long trip with it.

Hi guys, as I am new to this forum and i introduced myself on a previous thread I thought I would list my findings of my new 2014 LC 200, I have owned her for just over a week, the best fuel consumption is 26.1 bearing in mind I have only clocked 530 miles, as I came from an LC4 which returned me between 27 and 35 mpg I am not disappointed, the car drives extremely smooth, it is highly comfortable with enough luxury for my 56 year old frame, my niggles which may seem pathetic to some are, bearing in mind my LC4 had most of these extras, No under step lights, (I found extremely handy preventing me standing in puddles etc in the dark,) No follow me home head lights, No automatic locking when driving off, I.E good for personal security, No heated steering wheel for UK, fridge capacity smaller, No electric tail gate, and the most crazy thing is, I have beige cream leather, I ordered the factory fit load space cover, when the dealer received it, it was in black, they informed me it only comes in black with the fittings also only in black, the dealer tho being very helpful have painted the cup holder fittings to match my interior but the load space cover is in black, I have complained to Toyota UK 4 times about my findings only to be told there is nothing they can or will do, also I have brought the eco lock situation I.E changing up gear to easily when cruising, they turned a deaf one to that, to be honest all these little niggles leave a bad taste in your mouth especially after spending nearly £70.000. The car itself tho is fantastic, it drives like a true luxury car. I have had quite a few range rovers but after all the troubles and break downs I can not afford to return to them. The LC 200 is a superb 4x4 all we need is Toyota to look at the little extras. A friend said the other day why did I chose Toyota, the answer was simple, I know were ever I am in the world I have the confidence that the car will always get me home, fingers crossed, haha. any advice on the UK eco lock situation will be appreciated. thanks.

I might be missing something, but can you explain the Eco lock situation again?

Cheers

Here goes, the eco lock has nothing to do with the dash light, that is only to give you a gauge on your driving, the gearbox eco lock which I have found out about is, when your travelling and the car eventually ends up in 6th gear the rev counter drops for fuel economy, approx 1500 rpm at 70mph, as soon as you touch the throttle no matter how gentle you are, the car gears up I.E drops down to 5th or even 4th, with an eco lock system it makes the gearbox more tight, I.E you have to push down on the throttle slightly harder to drop the gears, but with the diesel V8 having so much torque for cruising it does not need to be dropping the gears so often so you can get up to 30% more fuel consumption, as soon as my car is run in I.E 5000 miles I will be having the fitment done, I hope my layman explanation is clear to you guys, apparently Toyota know about this problem but they are turning a deaf one, apparently the gear box is more suited to the petrol V8, thanks. P.S and driving in the manual sport mode will not allow you to cruise in sixth, thanks.

Here goes, the eco lock has nothing to do with the dash light, that is only to give you a gauge on your driving, the gearbox eco lock which I have found out about is, when your travelling and the car eventually ends up in 6th gear the rev counter drops for fuel economy, approx 1500 rpm at 70mph, as soon as you touch the throttle no matter how gentle you are, the car gears up I.E drops down to 5th or even 4th, with an eco lock system it makes the gearbox more tight, I.E you have to push down on the throttle slightly harder to drop the gears, but with the diesel V8 having so much torque for cruising it does not need to be dropping the gears so often so you can get up to 30% more fuel consumption, as soon as my car is run in I.E 5000 miles I will be having the fitment done, I hope my layman explanation is clear to you guys, apparently Toyota know about this problem but they are turning a deaf one, apparently the gear box is more suited to the petrol V8, thanks. P.S and driving in the manual sport mode will not allow you to cruise in sixth, thanks.
Maybe Toyota don't feel the torque converter lockup can handle the additional torque reliably in the long term?

Wouldn't be the first time they've fitted a sh*t TC that's not up to the job, would it? :lol:

It's not an extraordinary amount of grunt, after all.

Hi to be honest I would not know if the TC was up to it, all I have found out is that the gear box marries up to the petrol better than the diesel, Lindop Toyota Queensferry UK are fitting these eco locks to various 4x4 and in 7 years they say they have not had a single problem. I personally can tell on my LC 200 that the gearbox seems to lively when slightly accelerating, hopefully some more light will be shed on this in the next few months.

Had the pleasure of driving a LC 200 in SA last week after my folks car broke down.

Was a standard petrol V8 variant with some AT tires on.

Plus points:

• Petrol V8 is so nice to drive, lots of power and does surprisingly move that big mass quite quickly. Traffic light racing was fun
  • Lots of toys, sat nav, cruise, climate
  • 3rd row seats, with still some room in the boot (unlike the 120 I own)

Down sides:
  • Sheesh on empty already!!!! Drank fuel faster than a fast thing, got about 18l/100km (12mpg) :wtf:
  • Huge, parking this in the tiny UK spaces would be a struggle.
  • Same issue with the seat height as Lazz had, just a bit to high
  • I found it drifted off course easily, perhaps the alignment was out, but you constantly had to keep it in the correct lane.

Glad I got to drive one, impressive LC indeed.

Is the petrol not a 4.0 v6?? Sounds like fun though ...

Back