Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC90 front windscreen rubber

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Hello guys and girls:character-beavisbu:

I need a new windscreen rubber as mine is now leaking in two places.
Looked on the internet but not sure what im looking for as the windscreen rubber is in two parts.
Just wondering if anyone has replaced there rubber seal lately.:text-thankyoublue:

Hello guys and girls:character-beavisbu:

I need a new windscreen rubber as mine is now leaking in two places.
Looked on the internet but not sure what im looking for as the windscreen rubber is in two parts.
Just wondering if anyone has replaced there rubber seal lately.:text-thankyoublue:

After some research i have found a link on here for a windscreen rubber and sealent so will try the sealent as its oil based.:text-thankyoublue:

I'm interested in this one as mine is leaking too directly above the steering wheel. I've pulled the headlining down and can see drips coming off what looks like a rubber locating lug on the driver's side (there is another on the passenger side).

I thought the windscreen was bonded in and had no separate rubber. I'm going to try adding some extra silicone windscreen sealant inside and out, but my back up plan is to have the screen replaced as it has a couple of chips on it.

Has anybody got any tips for applying sealant? Tends to go everywhere when I use the stuff.

IMG_3820.JPG

This is the stuff I got from Halfords.

P1030024.JPG

Rubbish picture but you can just see the rubber lug sticking down with water drops on it. View from the driver's seat inside the car.

View attachment 114300

Rubbish picture but you can just see the rubber lug sticking down with water drops on it. View from the driver's seat inside the car.
Thanks for pictures and best way i think is to run a knife or screwdriver under the rubber slightly from the roof enough so you can apply sealent .
Run a screwdriver along under the rubber followed by your sealent as will seal up any holes .
TIP if your leak is over the steering wheel its your screen BUT check the foof lineing above your head as if its wet and you have a sunroof it will be were the screws for the slider are located and check passenger side also .
Open the sun roof and apply vasalene to the screws as mine leaked and worked a treat.
If its your sunroof get a cup of hot water and pour into the little holes in both corners at the front as the run off drain gets blocked THATS ONLY IF YOU HAVE A SUNROOF.:text-coolphotos:
P,s
the screen rubber on mine anyway at the top of the screen on the glass its self allso seal under that part as water runs under and hence drips on you.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IMG_3830.JPG
Thanks Tony. I've been having a go this morning. The sunroof is OK and it was definitely the windscreen rubber at the top of the screen that leaked. There is indeed a rubber surround and the screen is bonded to the body within it.

There was a previous repair with sealant that had pulled away in places, so I dug all the old stuff out and put the Halford's stuff in. What a pig though - almost impossible to squeeze the sealant out of that tiny tube and there wasn't enough either. I'll see how this goes and if it still leaks I'll either try some sealant in a proper cartridge that I can use in a gun or I'll visit the windscreen experts.

Do you have a supplier for the rubber? I suspect the screen replacement places can get the glass but maybe not the rubber.

All in all a right old bodge job.

View attachment 114358 Thanks Tony. I've been having a go this morning. The sunroof is OK and it was definitely the windscreen rubber at the top of the screen that leaked. There is indeed a rubber surround and the screen is bonded to the body within it.

There was a previous repair with sealant that had pulled away in places, so I dug all the old stuff out and put the Halford's stuff in. What a pig though - almost impossible to squeeze the sealant out of that tiny tube and there wasn't enough either. I'll see how this goes and if it still leaks I'll either try some sealant in a proper cartridge that I can use in a gun or I'll visit the windscreen experts.

Do you have a supplier for the rubber? I suspect the screen replacement places can get the glass but maybe not the rubber.

All in all a right old bodge job.

sorry i could not find the rubber as searched everywere but did find it on ebay.com in australia and was not that expensive until you read the postage cost.:text-givemebeer:.
Dont take this the wrong way but when i seen what size the tube was i new you would struggle .

Just for the record my insurance will replace my screen with autoglass for £140
with windscreen cover so if your gonna replace brand new i was quoted £365 if you dont use your insurance.Looks like you may have done it just in time judgeing by todays weather here in liverpool anyway has just rained all nite and day and still raining now.

Hope your screen fix works.:text-coolphotos:

Last edited:
sorry i could not find the rubber as searched everywere but did find it on ebay.com in australia and was not that expensive until you read the postage cost.:text-givemebeer:.
Dont take this the wrong way but when i seen what size the tube was i new you would struggle .

Just for the record my insurance will replace my screen with autoglass for £140
with windscreen cover so if your gonna replace brand new i was quoted £365 if you dont use your insurance.Looks like you may have done it just in time judgeing by todays weather here in liverpool anyway has just rained all nite and day and still raining now.

Hope your screen fix works.:text-coolphotos:

No offence taken at my tube size, it was all I could find when I decided to go shopping on Sunday. I've mail ordered the Eurocarparts stuff in case I have to revisit the job. The depth of sealant required was much more than I expected at about 8 or 9mm as the rubber had gone missing in places.

The good news is my bodge seems to have worked and after heavy rain last night there is no ingress. One highlight of the job was using the old trick of applying soapy water to the top of the screen outside the car and blowing compressed air at the top of the screen inside. It revealed multiple leaks along the sealant/body interface that I couldn't see just by looking.

Thanks for everyones help on this.

No offence taken at my tube size, it was all I could find when I decided to go shopping on Sunday. I've mail ordered the Eurocarparts stuff in case I have to revisit the job. The depth of sealant required was much more than I expected at about 8 or 9mm as the rubber had gone missing in places.

The good news is my bodge seems to have worked and after heavy rain last night there is no ingress. One highlight of the job was using the old trick of applying soapy water to the top of the screen outside the car and blowing compressed air at the top of the screen inside. It revealed multiple leaks along the sealant/body interface that I couldn't see just by looking.

Thanks for everyones help on this.

Glad you sorted it modvrs.:text-bravo:

Back