Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC90 VX 97 colorado 3.4l - MUST DOS - Top 5-10 checks before buying one

cheers pete
how much will it cost for full service with belt?

or cheapest place to get full service parts and belts? might do a thread on that

nothing yet going to txt tomorrow for a update, not sure to up the offer by another 100.

but another 90 poped up on the bay down the road on a 99 plate, but pictures show tiny bits of rust on bonnet.

might check that out while i sweat it out with this guy.

Well... have you heard anything yet?

looks like the deal could be dead as he looking for more, say that they are worth over 3k etc -

did mention TDs are with full hists etc but looks like a no go

I cant push to the 2600 latest figure quoted with a 500 full ser bill to come with belts

I might be better off with a TD for the 3k mark

what you guys think?

From what you have said about your usage profile, it doesn't seem like there will be much difference in the fuel costs between a petrol and a diesel. Therefore if I was in your shoes, I would just look for the best 90 within my budget, regardless of fuel type.

There are quite a few out there and they come up for sale fairly often, so if you miss one, another will crop up sooner rather than later. Just bear in mind that these trucks are getting on a bit now, so whatever you get for around the £2.5-3k mark may need a bit of TLC.

This is a good time to buy IMHO as usually the used prices seem to fall a bit over the Summer months.

Good luck. :icon-cool:

cheers C.
will keep looking and hope the summer deductions bring a few bargains on the bay.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IMHO. G you are really going to struggle talking anyone down on price on a 15 year old truck due to lack of service history. On these motors be it derv or petrol it just inst that important and quite unlikely to be genuine. Whats more important is feel and sound. For example the recommended interval for a timing belt replacement is 60k but at that sort of milage they really dont need doing.

The single biggest thing to look out for if looking at a derv is any signs of overheating and if you go for one then as soon as you get it (preferably before you drive it home) change the rad.

I am by no measn a conisur on the petrol's but these trucks are pretty bomb proof. Just basic checks should be enough to pick out a lemon.

MPG is less important than PPM (Pence per mile) and between petrol and derv at the current prices there isn't much in it.

Rear locker is a bargining chip if you test drive in the right conditions. c.£500 to have someone fix it c.£340 to do yourself.

Last edited:
cheers C

once again - I left a tabled offer with the last guy as he was on about more values and another guy offering him more.

What I did not understand why did he not take the other offer and tell me its sold.

anyway the hunt continues and will check out the links

Sounds like your seller has a couple of people interested, but neither offering him the money he wants.

As youre not in a rush I would leave it with him, take a look at a few more, it will give you the idea of what is available and prices.

I dont see the 90/95 Series dropping in value, the later models are 5k upwards, and at 3 - 4k a decent condition 95 is still a good buy.

If you arent offroading it, look at the prado's as well, no locking diffs so in theory cheaper, although in reality there doesnt seem to be a price difference.

Pete

Cheers W

thats what I am doing now, I have left it with the guys - I think I mentioned earlier and told him while talking to him that he has priced his petrol with many diesels on the bay at the £3K+ levels and he will not get it.

But see how it goes,

another few weeks and the 4x4s will be the last thing people want to buy in the summer (hopefully) a little more bargain power.

But looks like 3K+ and a diesel could be on the cards.

the 3doors look good, but I need to get the sizes worked out or see one in person to make my mind up on them.

Back