Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Leaking B Pillar

JIR01

Garage
Country Flag
australia
I appear to have water leaking (during heavy rain or whilst washing the car) from the top of the B Pillar in my VDJ200R onto the head lining just above the seat belt recess. Has anyone else experienced a problem of this nature? Recommendations?

Not a 200 series owner but do you have a sun roof ? they have a drain tube in each corner that can become blocked or dislodged .
Do you have roof rails fitted ? depending on type they also can let water into the roof .

Thank you "Grimbo". I do have roof rails and I'm beginning to suspect that water may be entering in and around the mount holes in the drip rail. Does this accord with your suspicions? If so, by applying Sikaflex Marine or other type of sealant, am I likely to cure the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the same principal applies and you should look for a blocked drain that should normally take the water out of the truck ?

Thanks Shayne. Have checked drip drain and all is OK. I suspect that I will need to apply silicon around the mount holes.

Sikaflex is the best bonding sealer i ever found it's not worth using anything else on a boat anyway .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Another vote for Sixaflex...
The adhesive we use to stick windscreens is is also brilliant for fixing a multitude of things and would also do the job .... your best way would be to remove the rails , clean up the contact points and then put a blob of sealer around the bolt hole before refitting, a word of warning though either sikaflex or windscreen sealer will bond the rails to the roof and make them next to impossible to remove again....ever ;-)

Sikafex gets my vote too, there are loads of types and a few colours, some are adhesive sealers some structural sealers, and as said some can be removed and some not. I bonded a large solar panel on the roof of my caravan 4/5 years ago, and its still securely there, just choose wisely the one you want, identified by number and description.

Back