Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Learning a lot here thank you

Big Fabio

Country Flag
united_states
Hi this is Steve from the PNW here in the US. I have acquired a 1995 HDJ80 from Panama, manual transmission, manual hubs, 426,815 km, lots of annoying issues that have been neglected but all in all a solid rig. My intent is to sort these out but I am not trying to build a show-stopper. The rig will always be a bit rough. My off road requirements are modest, a remote lake on the Yakama reservation a few times a year, and winter driving. Of all the forums this is clearly the best place for a newcomer to be. Thanks for compiling this wealth of information!

Well Steve...... although I've been on this site for a number of years, I certainly wouldn't consider myself.... a well known member, so apologies to those who think I may have jumped the gun!
However, I was compelled by your introduction, which resonated with me when I first stumbled across the site.
So on this occasion, I would like to be the first to say welcome you.
Generally, I'm not normally a fan of internet clubs/forums etc.... but like you, I was also drawn, initially because of that wealth of knowledge you mention (and believe me, what the guys on this site don't know, "ain't worth worrying about!") but as time has gone by, I've found it's actually a really good group of people, who share a common interest/passion.
So, with that in mind...... Welcome.
Bodie

Hey - welcome Steve - I'd echo Bodie's comments - this place has been a life saver on occasion. I hope you have fun with your rig!

Thanks gentleman, the very first day I have confirmed a question regarding a coolant temperature sensor and saved myself hours of time re-doing this project. Yes, it was a life saver!

Big Fabio (Steve?):

Welcome! I grew up in Oregon, but currently live in Germany. I bought a 1988 LJ 73 while serving in Italy. It is roving difficult to register in Germany as their laws are far tougher than Italian laws.

I too am on this awesome forum to learn and glean knowledge for the good folks here.

I hope to get assistance with all of the little quirks that are present on my ride!

Attachments

• E3904E27-C570-4B02-9151-8FB71598E1F6.jpeg
    E3904E27-C570-4B02-9151-8FB71598E1F6.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 0EBA3778-088F-4B3E-A92D-D9A6BC1EB6CA.jpeg
    0EBA3778-088F-4B3E-A92D-D9A6BC1EB6CA.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back