Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Led lights for awning.

cmcmill01

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Folks,
Any good ideas on LED lights for the awning? Wouldn’t mind white but also the option to cycle through different colours when I decide to have a truck disco???
Cheers

B885B4A6-FFC9-4AA3-88BF-D1956B9AABE5.jpeg

You can get cheap 12v led strip lights that are rgb with a remote from ebay, you can even get waterproof ones as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have used a company called LED It for interior light kits for work vans ....brilliant company and the supplied lights are very durable ...I have some mounted above the side sliding door .....
What I'm after though for both the Landcruiser camp setup and the Camper van is some LED lights that can change from white to red at the flick of a switch ...reason being every bug for a 10 mile radius is attracted to white light and red/amber means you retain your night vision so walking off into the Ulu is much easier ........ typically I've seen some on Aussie sites but getting them to the UK is not cost effective as postage is more than the awning lights......

I bought these from eBay

They come with only about 4” of wiring so you need to cut in some more but apart from that they are good. White only but dimable with included remote control. I mounted them with stick on velcro to the awning frame

I have used a company called LED It for interior light kits for work vans ....brilliant company and the supplied lights are very durable ...I have some mounted above the side sliding door .....
What I'm after though for both the Landcruiser camp setup and the Camper van is some LED lights that can change from white to red at the flick of a switch ...reason being every bug for a 10 mile radius is attracted to white light and red/amber means you retain your night vision so walking off into the Ulu is much easier ........ typically I've seen some on Aussie sites but getting them to the UK is not cost effective as postage is more than the awning lights......
Grimbo see the same Nat Luna I recommended above for Craig

Back