Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Leisure Batteries

Hamba,

Sorry but it looks to me the Solarpod is a lower spec than Goal Zero 400 and cost more. Its also cheaper to add extra batteries to Goal Zero.

pdp_y400tech.jpg

Charge Times
  • Wall Charger (72W): 5 hours
  • Car Charger (30W): 13 hours
  • Boulder 30 Solar Panel: 26-52 Hours

Battery Details
  • Cell Type: AGM Lead-Acid
  • Peak Capacity: 396Wh (12V, 33Ah)
  • Lifecycles: hundreds of cycles
  • Shelf-life: Keep plugged in, or charge every 3-6 months
  • Internal Battery Dimensions: 7.7in L x 5.1in W x 7.1in H
  • Fuses: none
  • Management system: Charging and low-battery protection built-in
Ports
  • USB port (output): 5V, up to 2.1A (10W max), regulated
  • 6mm port (output, 6mm, green, hexagon): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
  • 12V car port (output): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
  • AC inverter US (output, 60Hz, pure sine wave): 110V, 2.6A (300W continuous, 600W surge max)
  • Power Pole Chaining port: 12V, up to 33A (400W max)
  • charging port (input, 8mm, blue, circle):14-29V, up to 10A (120W max)
General
  • Product SKU: 23000
  • Chainable: Yes
  • Weight: 29 lbs (13.2 kg)
  • Dimensions: 10.25 x 8 x 8 in (26 x 20.3 x 20.3 cm)
  • Operating usage temp.: 32-104 F (0-40 C)
  • Certs: CE, FCC, ROHS

Hi Garry,

I'll have a proper look a little later but from a quick amazon search I got this in big red letters
This item does not ship to UK - Northern Ireland

Got to love living up here, lol

Thanks for the link, that has given me some more options.
The Lithium pack looks good and weighs almost halve but also costs almost twice as much.

I'm also looking for someone who can do some electrical work for me here in NI, if anyone knows a place/someone please let me know.

I've built my own in a tool box using a 130Ah AGM battery, Projecta IDC25 (which can do 24Volt Moggy). At the moment it only runs on solar input, but I will set it so that there is an Anderson plug for an alternator input.

This is everything before I put it together - I can't find a completed picture. I mounted the IDC25 to some MDF with an ali panel between the IDC and MDF, along with all the circuit breakers and a bus bar for the negatives.

View attachment 138708

That does look a good setup, and IP rated which is handy

I did also have a look at the Goal zero and now I'm thinking the easiest set up would be one of this for fridge and accessories, charged from the 24v fag lighter, and then a folding solar set up to charge it when I'm parked.
I want something easy, reliable and cheap!!

Lithium is expensive to replace, has a fairly limited lifespan in my experience (which is limited to powertools) and really don't like the cold.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That DC to DC charger looks interesting. I want to run a leisure battery at 12v, but all my O/E vehicle electrics are 24v so that looks a good option. As I understand it then, that takes power direct from the alternator to charge the leisure battery, so not risking your main starter batteries? No complex switching or anything like that?
That's right, though it won't handle 24v, only 12v at 25A charge rate.

Would the intervolt PSR24150 work?
It seems to draw power from starter batteries to charge leisure batteries at 25A.
I think i want something that takes excessive alternator charge when the starter batteries are at full charge to use to charge leisure batteries so might need an additional thing to decide when to send power to the intervolt?
There is also the ctek dual 250 with smartpass that may do the samething and accept additional solar input when svailable.
Whatever i do i must keep the starter batteries tip top

I have a Ctek 250 and Smartpass not clue what it does tbh it just works, It charges 2 75 amp Optima Blue tops. But I do use a lot of power for some reason. I rewired it all a few months ago as the wiring done by the previous owner left a little to be desired

IMG_0389.JPG
think he had just about enough coming of the battery, I now have only 2 wires coming off it IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0306.JPG

I have a Ctek 250 and Smartpass not clue what it does tbh it just works, It charges 2 75 amp Optima Blue tops. But I do use a lot of power for some reason. I rewired it all a few months ago as the wiring done by the previous owner left a little to be desired

View attachment 138745
think he had just about enough coming of the battery, I now have only 2 wires coming off it View attachment 138752 View attachment 138753
Looks much tidier now David. Is it fed straight from the starter battery or is there something in between?

Looks much tidier now David. Is it fed straight from the starter battery or is there something in between?
It is straight off the starter battery as Ctek tell you wire it

David, do you have the option to charge from AC mains supply?

G.
I have a Ctek socket built in to take a MX10 charger, the Dual and Smartpass can not be connected to AC

Mine is wired like this

ED4Q+dBEToC9FrLAK8klSA.jpg

Did you mean CTEK Multi MXS 10? If so how is this wired into your system. There is very little info on how to include a AC charger in a dual battery system. I'm probably over thinking it. It maybe simple as wiring the AC charger across the battery.

Did you mean CTEK Multi MXS 10? It maybe simple as wiring the AC charger across the battery.
That is just how it is done, yes it is a MXS10 I just leave it plugged in when not in use

Back