Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Let's see where this ends up??

Just been reading the add andy.

He's spent a lot but he couldn't afford to tweak the fuelling :lol:

You not tempted?

Wow i love it , wouldn't pay that for it though .

A good candidate for a 1HD-T/FT transplant maybe to 'complete' the rebuild?

well what do you say other then nice boy racer 60. Can you amagine what he spent in the body shop. that is why his price is so high. nice example worth the money NO. interested what it looks like in 6 months.
stu

Way over the top,

Serves him right for spending so much money on it.

Guessing he is never going to recoup what he has foolishly spent.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You never get back what you spend on a car, Unless your cunning, lucky or into classic Aston Martins!

How many on here could sell their car at a profit to what it has cost them?

Looking at what they cost renovated in the states ($20-30,000)looks cheap, but that idea hasn't caught on in the UK yet. It's only a matter of time before ones like this get that sort of money, just look at where 40s are going, and there's more of them around the world than 60s.

it would cost you a lot more than that to do this to one. Just the parts probably come close to the asking price.

certainly mine has cost me a lot more than this, but then, I have no intention of selling it!!

If had a spare 10k kicking around would I buy it? NO, I've already got one, I want a 40 next! If however I wanted a really good 60 then yes I probably would.

Bear in mind a rust bucket with a bit of MOT went for 2.5k the other week

Last edited:
Spending that much requires three main criteria:

It's your money;

It's spare money; and

You want the end product for yourself!

Trying to sell a restoration at cost-plus is hard, there was some of it about in the yuppie times, say late 80s, but nowadays? :eusa-naughty:

I must admit I have never seen an 80 series engine transplanted into a 60. I guess there isn't a lot of sensible reason to do it. The 60's do not have a great value here, and a decent one is rare, the ride at best is an acquired taste. To bolt it to a 60 gearbox needs a special bellhousing as the 80 box is too big for the tunnel. It would be a lot of work to achieve not too much more than a bolt in turbo kit would achieve.
those bigger wheels will take the shine off what bit of performance it has too.
The guy should have painted it an original colour for it to have any value and probably original trim and wheels.

Andy

I must admit I have never seen an 80 series engine transplanted into a 60. I guess there isn't a lot of sensible reason to do it. The 60's do not have a great value here, and a decent one is rare, the ride at best is an acquired taste. To bolt it to a 60 gearbox needs a special bellhousing as the 80 box is too big for the tunnel. It would be a lot of work to achieve not too much more than a bolt in turbo kit would achieve.
those bigger wheels will take the shine off what bit of performance it has too.
The guy should have painted it an original colour for it to have any value and probably original trim and wheels.

Andy

needs some more suitable diffs:icon-wink:

Spending that much requires three main criteria:

It's your money;

It's spare money; and

You want the end product for yourself!

Trying to sell a restoration at cost-plus is hard, there was some of it about in the yuppie times, say late 80s, but nowadays? :eusa-naughty:

very true!!

OH, and an understanding missus!!:pray:

Last edited:
That plate might be worth a bob or too if your name happens to be Kevin Charles Xavier or Kim Chow Xui.

I really like that truck, not £10k like but still.....

Last edited:
Back