Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lexus LX470

redman333

Am in the market for either a Land Cruiser or LX470. My biggest question at this point is the AHC system. I know I want to lift it but not sure how this is done with the AHC. Once you lift it will this get rid of the entire AHC? Also will I need to budget more. For this removal. Will any Land cruiser lift for on the LX470 also or because of the AHC is there a different setup needed.

I ask about the lx more because in my area there are more of them in good condition then the land cruiser and for slightly less money. So the more money I save on the vehicle the more I can put into the lift and tires and anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking at a lift / raised / off road suspension then you are looking at completely replacing the AHC.

I am not sure where you are based but might be worth looking at Slee off-road as there is some good information there. In summary I believe that the Lexus is mechanically the same as the 100series IFA cruisers.

Ok so I've found a few threads on the lx470 with lifts. The whole AHC system does have to come out. Kind of sucks but oh well. I did call slee and they said they have a 2" lift that can be put on but it will give it a more truck like ride. They also said I can use their race shocks to help with this. Total package to go all out would be in the $3k range and base would be in the $1100 range. I am located in North Carolina so a ways from slee but I planned on doing all the work myself so that's not a big deal.

With AHC you already have a 2" lift. Just press the button when you need it. You also have an additional 1" lift when the system finds out that you need it. And you have a lower CG in the normal position, which is safer on road. Why would you remove the height control with a fixed lift?

I knew that mostly for the reliability issues. The only issues that I keep coming across on these vehicles is with the suspension system. Without it I find very minor things. Also the factory system from my understanding is maxed out at that higher lift night so no suspension travel.

I did a trip with friend who has a lx470 where we spent 6 days travelling across the dunes in the desert. He had a problem with his AHC in that it kept on putting itself into sport mode and not raised suspension mode due to the high speeds we were doing that were required to get up the dunes. I know that you can retro fit an override button if you prefer to keep the AHC.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I also wonder the tire size I'm planning on will be a 35" or just a hair under but will that fit with the ride height on normal. Then when I want to go off-road just raise it up. I was thinking that it probably wouldn't fit but if it will then I'd probably run the factory system with the ride height hack(switch) installed for when I want to leave it it e up position at any speed. I also wonder about ride quality when at it highest height.

Back