Lifted Prado

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

sae70

Supporter
I am in uk
Aug 10, 2010
Witham, Essex, United Kingdom
Garage
BIG clean GREEN said:
I need to do it again once it's settled but it's around the 40mm mark, Ironman do state it's about 38mm!
38mm's a new one on me :think: I thought 40mm is the stated lift by Ironman for the Collie :)

BIG clean GREEN said:
What did you get?
sae70 said:
.........here's the measurements :) Now bear in mind that these were taken over two seperate days using my block paving as the flat level surface :roll: :D So not to British Standard then :lol:

NSF plus 44mm, OSF plus 58mm, NSR plus 53mm, OSR plus 62mm, centre front plus 52mm & centre rear plus 47mm :thumbup:

Looks as though ignoring block paving errors shes gone up about 50mm all round :D
Your body lift really does make a massive difference towards to look :think: :mrgreen:

Are you still thinking about fitting a set of 255/85/16 BFG KM2's :?:

chadr

I am in england
Mar 19, 2010
Watford, Herts - but can usually be found in the w
Garage
BCG,

Please stop posting pictures of you truck! Its making me insanely jealous and I'm getting even more desperate to get my Ironman SL done. :lol: :violin:

I can just picture my truck once its had the lift - basically if you "de-blinged" your truck and never washed it again, it would look like the spitting image of mine. :lol:

BIG clean GREEN

Apr 6, 2010
South Normanton. Derbyshire
Garage
I feel like a kid with a new toy, every time I walk towards it I grin to myself, even with the Std tyres on it looks good, so just imagine when I finally get the KM2s on :dance:

My SL may not be quite as much as yours Stephen due to it being a LWB :think: :think:

Chad, if you want to do the lift I'll be putting my spring compressor on e-bay shortly, I can't recommend them enough, ask anyone on here that's used them just how much simpler they are.

regards,
Nick.

sae70

Supporter
I am in uk
Aug 10, 2010
Witham, Essex, United Kingdom
Garage
BIG clean GREEN said:
I feel like a kid with a new toy, every time I walk towards it I grin to myself, even with the Std tyres on it looks good, so just imagine when I finally get the KM2s on
:cool: :thumbup: :)

BIG clean GREEN said:
My SL may not be quite as much as yours Steven due to it being a LWB
sae70 said:
Maybe :think: But I think that this is more likely...........

The original springs fitted to Fiery must be sha***d :shock:

I've loaded her up today for a day @ my local P&P site Bures tomorrow (Sunday) & I've put it all in as I would like to have it :D Now I already know that all of my kit (HI-Lift, Waffles, Spade, Blocks of wood, Chain, Tools you get the picture all of my gear) weighs 120.85Kg my new storage box 22Kg & the coffin 15.6Kg roughly totaling 160Kg :) Is this alot of weight for a cruiser :?: :!: As I came in I looked back @ her & thought 'she looks low' :!: So I got out me tape & she's droped 4cm on the back end from the figures above & gained 1cm on the front :roll: But worse than that she'a down hard on her bump stops @ the back end :shock: :!:
viewtopic.php?f=14&p=55319#p55319

Gav Peter

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
The Wirral, NW Ingerland
Swapping the suspension is no biggie once you get the right springs in the right corners... :oops:

Especially if you've got Uncle Nick on hand with the spring compressors!!! :cool: And yes, the self satisfaction once you have is awesome!!!

Go on, we double dare you!!! :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks