Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lifted Prado

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
This is my Prado with 1.5" body lift (Now in correct forum)
P1010003-2.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010007-1.png

P10100102-2.jpg

prado-2.png

P10100032.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Looks good :thumbup: :D

Did you measure what lift you actually got from the SL :?:

I need to do it again once it's settled but it's around the 40mm mark, Ironman do state it's about 38mm ! What did you get ?

Nick.

When you change your tyres? ;) Now there seems to be room enough for some bigger ones...

BIG clean GREEN said:
I need to do it again once it's settled but it's around the 40mm mark, Ironman do state it's about 38mm!
38mm's a new one on me :think: I thought 40mm is the stated lift by Ironman for the Collie :)

BIG clean GREEN said:
What did you get?
sae70 said:
.........here's the measurements :) Now bear in mind that these were taken over two seperate days using my block paving as the flat level surface :roll: :D So not to British Standard then :lol:

NSF plus 44mm, OSF plus 58mm, NSR plus 53mm, OSR plus 62mm, centre front plus 52mm & centre rear plus 47mm :thumbup:

Looks as though ignoring block paving errors shes gone up about 50mm all round :D
Your body lift really does make a massive difference towards to look :think: :mrgreen:

Are you still thinking about fitting a set of 255/85/16 BFG KM2's :?:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
sae70 said:
38mm's a new one on me
The only thig I can think of here is that 38mm is the direct conversion for 1½"... Well okay, 38.1!!!

BCG,

Please stop posting pictures of you truck! Its making me insanely jealous and I'm getting even more desperate to get my Ironman SL done. :lol: :violin:

I can just picture my truck once its had the lift - basically if you "de-blinged" your truck and never washed it again, it would look like the spitting image of mine. :lol:

I feel like a kid with a new toy, every time I walk towards it I grin to myself, even with the Std tyres on it looks good, so just imagine when I finally get the KM2s on :dance:

My SL may not be quite as much as yours Stephen due to it being a LWB :think: :think:

Chad, if you want to do the lift I'll be putting my spring compressor on e-bay shortly, I can't recommend them enough, ask anyone on here that's used them just how much simpler they are.

regards,
Nick.

Chad, I'm going to Chertsey at the end of April which is down your way in Londonshire somewhere, so could bring it down !!

Nick.

BIG clean GREEN said:
I feel like a kid with a new toy, every time I walk towards it I grin to myself, even with the Std tyres on it looks good, so just imagine when I finally get the KM2s on
:cool: :thumbup: :)

BIG clean GREEN said:
My SL may not be quite as much as yours Steven due to it being a LWB
sae70 said:
Maybe :think: But I think that this is more likely...........

The original springs fitted to Fiery must be sha***d :shock:

I've loaded her up today for a day @ my local P&P site Bures tomorrow (Sunday) & I've put it all in as I would like to have it :D Now I already know that all of my kit (HI-Lift, Waffles, Spade, Blocks of wood, Chain, Tools you get the picture all of my gear) weighs 120.85Kg my new storage box 22Kg & the coffin 15.6Kg roughly totaling 160Kg :) Is this alot of weight for a cruiser :?: :!: As I came in I looked back @ her & thought 'she looks low' :!: So I got out me tape & she's droped 4cm on the back end from the figures above & gained 1cm on the front :roll: But worse than that she'a down hard on her bump stops @ the back end :shock: :!:
viewtopic.php?f=14&p=55319#p55319

BIG clean GREEN said:
Chad, I'm going to Chertsey........

Nick.

Thanks for that very kind offer Nick but as a "soft southerner", I'll probably take it down to Greg's....... :oops: ;)

Chas, you'll get amazing satisfaction by doing it yourself ( or by getting uncle Chris to help you :lol: )

Nick.

Swapping the suspension is no biggie once you get the right springs in the right corners... :oops:

Especially if you've got Uncle Nick on hand with the spring compressors!!! :cool: And yes, the self satisfaction once you have is awesome!!!

Go on, we double dare you!!! :cool:

Hi,

Where did you find the aislemiror to your left front wheel ?

It's a Japanese import, they all have them ! They're also useless, apart from checking your lights are on !!!

I've had to go and buy a 2" drop plate today for when I tow the caravan, whilst I was at it I tucked the electrics further up to avoid ripping them off again at Lincomb Etc.

P210211_1619.jpg

Back