Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Light Problem

andyw

Country Flag
uk
As some of you guys know I have recently got a 100 series, and I have this problem with the lights, well it's the front fogs that are the problem, and I cant find my owners manual to find out what is correct.

The O/S fog light is half filled with water, but I have none in the N/S one, have taken it off but cannot find any level marks so don't know where to fill to, also where would the water be leaking from and what can I seal it with, also what water do I fill it with, does it have to be distilled water or would plain tap water do with anti freeze in it, and then what colour A/F do I use.

Will have another look for my owners manual, but any help would be good.

:twisted:

If you use sugar water to a syrupy consistency, it won't leak out as fast. Or you could use syrup/honey to give them the high contrast effect.

Its the balance pipe between the two that keep them at the same level must be blocked.

I checked in my owners manual but sorry to say no mention of it there Andy. At least one of your lights still has water, it's leaked out of both of mine! :lol:

Odd. I think Tommo's 90 must have 100 fogs in then. He always has differing fluid levels in the fog lights.

Another thing is, will they overheat without any water in.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You could get some of those self levelling lights :banana-dreads: :banana-dreads: :banana-dreads: :banana-dreads: :banana-dreads:

Now this thread is very interesting.

My os is half full of water. just thought it must av filled itself up at some point.What the hell does it have water in them for?

karl

Should I get genuine Toyota Distilled? pretty pricey according to my parts guy. :thumbdown:

Been using tapwater so far with no problems

karl wester said:
Now this thread is very interesting.

My os is half full of water. just thought it must av filled itself up at some point.What the hell does it have water in them for?

karl
It's to cool the bulbs, but seems that we both have leaks in the N/S ones.

ignat said:
Should I get genuine Toyota Distilled? pretty pricey according to my parts guy. :thumbdown:

Speak to Ian Rubie, he can sort you out

ignat said:

I don't think tapwater or distilled water will have the right blend of minerals to give the correct light pattern, you might have to get some special water.

Don't get me wrong, but why would a set of fog lights contain a liquid with a communicating tube??

A wide beam with a sharp horizontal cutoff to give you visibility at wheel height and not illuminate all the water droplets suspended in the air, for sure.
But water!?

Please feel free to enlighten my hither to dark path :think:

fridayman said:

I have checked the EPC but I can not find the part number for this special water :think: . If anyone knows the part number can they let me know and I'll check the price.

You can ONLY use amniotic fluid from someones first birth. This has the perfect content of the perfect fat which seals your lights and gives the optimum light distribution. If you don't have a used-to-be-virgin available, you could use a pig. No more leaks and no ingress of foreign pollutants.

I hope this settles the issue, but if you want further explanation from the chemist I could convey it.

Easiest is to remove the fogs though. Bl00dy nuisance and in the way.

fridayman said:
Really :shock: :!: :think: Actually I could do with a bit of a sorting out :p Have you got his number :?: :) ;)

uHu said:
You can ONLY use amniotic fluid from someones first birth
Oh please :sick: :puke-huge: Argggh....thats better :drool: :)

Ian Rubie said:
I have checked the EPC but I can not find the part number for this special water :think: . If anyone knows the part number can they let me know and I'll check the price.
54448-364H2O

Back