Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lightweight Winch Bumper for 100 - ideas???

SteveS

So my truck has a full blown ARB winch bumper and bars on it currently. However, for slightly less extreme use I was wondering what options there are out there. I want the sturdiness of a metal bumper but can do without (or can ideally decide to fit or remove at will) the bars surrounding light cluster, grill etc.

I think I have seen somewhere that a manufacturer(s) make aluminium ones? Thoughts on ally?

The OEM bumper is long gone.

Anybody got ideas/suggestions/thoughts? Picture shows current set-up (a winch has now been fitted). Got to be up to serious overland travel
Anybody ever cut-off the bars and then machined them so they could be bolted back on - a bit radical?

P1050696 low res.jpg

AFN bumpers have struck me as a well designed bumper that was built with weight reduction in mind. ARB do make your bumper without the bars, but they are still heavy! I would have thought it would be cheaper to mod yours, but how strong will it be in a collision if the bars are reattached in some way? Will it introduce a weak point?

I have seen the AFN bumpers and i like them. I have an Ironman bumper and find that it sticks out too far. Its handy to stand on to access the engine bay but day to day it is clumsy.

Blast using tablet with clumsy fingers. Was saying ...

I havent mounted the bars - they are detachable, but even so not too happy about it. The AFN on the otherhand fits close to the body like the oem. Its much tidier. But do you fork out again???

I'll take a look at the AFN units - thanks.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back