Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Autumn 2011

Alley & I had a fantastic weekend :thumbup: A massive thanks to Tony and the ever expanding team for all the hard effort, planning and preparation that goes into making Lincomb such an unmissable event :clap: :clap: :clap: Top marks on the weather, you guys are obviously miricle workers :cool:

Putting the punches out of order, certainly made it harder! The special stages were a great laugh, croquet, wide load and the water course were my favourites. I was very pleased that I managed to get so many punches, (the dry course helped immensely), they were hard but all drivable (no winching required).

I'm very pleased with how well the Lincomb meets go, and that they seem to be getting better with each event. It's the quality, ability and friendliness of our club members that helps make Lincomb so great, and long may it continue. I'm proud to be a member of this club, and I can't stop smiling everytime I remember a part of the weekend.

I've been having a look through the video footage today and I very pleased with it, it never looks as steep as it really is, but it'll certainly help me to show people what I get up to with my 80. The pics are currently on Alley's camera, so I'll have to track him down and get a copy and see what I can stick on here.

Once again, thanks to everybody, nice to see you all again and hope to see you at the next one.

Scott

P.S. The food was perfect!!!!

mike hatton said:
[quote="Gary Stockton":3j3uxs6g]Don't want to start a big issue / discussion around this, but I remember hearing something about a vehicle seen down that way that had nothing to do with us?? Could be way off the mark though ...

There was a mitsubushi l200 camping down there.
I saw the doughnuts, done on the 2nd day I reckon, looked like a tighter circle than an l200 would manage.[/quote:3j3uxs6g]
I saw the doughnuts being done, there were two Cruisers together one silver and one I think was dark blue (the guilty one :naughty: ) but I was much too far away to identify other than the colour.

Some video:

Rob and his bush repairs:
[youtube:psot1ulq]9WBL6lqJFN4[/youtube:psot1ulq]

[youtube:psot1ulq]xlr16R7fCCI[/youtube:psot1ulq]

Tennis ball challenge:
[youtube:psot1ulq]QjuNm_mUgqI[/youtube:psot1ulq]
[youtube:psot1ulq]jCgigsHpLeo[/youtube:psot1ulq]

Rocks special stage (that BTW, was good. Nice touch to it all)
[youtube:psot1ulq]XPPqlqv1UxE[/youtube:psot1ulq]

Can't add much to what has already been said, great weekend and thanks to everyone who made it happen, all of us appreciate the work and effort behind the scenes that we don't get to see. The Firkin was a very nice touch indeed, grub outstanding as it was in May and thanks to Tony for allowing me to bring the caravan.

Some photos and video clips as my contribution, as usual I didn't take anywhere near enough. It was nice to see the difference this time round in the 70 compared to the 120 in May and I have a better understanding of the SWB versus LWB, managed to scare myself more than once and 1 particular moment I never want to do again. Then I watch Ben who am I convinced has an inner ear infection as his definition of level seems very different to mine :lol: Great driving Ben.

I enjoyed the challenges, I can say I was consistent, consistently crap that is but still had a big grin. So here is my short selection.

P1020490.jpg

P1020481.jpg

P1020454.jpg

P1020431.jpg

I made it through on my first attempt.

P1020416.jpg

Nice little birds nest by a punch in the boggy bit by the river

P1020415.jpg

P1020408.jpg

P1020406.jpg

P1020403.jpg

Doing the bomb hole

th_Good.jpg

Doing the bomb hole badly

th_Bad.jpg

th_IMG_1475.jpg

Mike diving into the punch by the river:
DSCF1157.jpg

Gav following his footsteps:
DSCF1160.jpg

I think we were the first lot to the bombhole this time round
DSCF1163.jpg

DSCF1164.jpg

DSCF1167.jpg

Mike suffered slightly from poor clearance on the rocks but adequate protection meant he got through unscathed:
DSCF1169.jpg

They provided an enjoyable challenge for myself:
DSCF1172.jpg

Whereas Ben and Gav made the section look like a posh gravel drive:
DSCF1179.jpg

DSCF1182.jpg

I've got to admit, I've seen better tended croquet lawns :|
DSCF1184.jpg

Mike hit on the secret to winning this one, unfortunately for him so did a couple of other people:
DSCF1185.jpg

Another nice punch:
DSCF1186.jpg

And another:
DSCF1189.jpg

DSCF1190.jpg

DSCF1192.jpg

DSCF1196.jpg

I heard Mike got stuck, so I raced over for a photo but arrived slightly late:
DSCF1198.jpg

Going down...
DSCF1200.jpg

DSCF1202.jpg

DSCF1204.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

DSCF1209.jpg

DSCF1210.jpg

And back up again:
DSCF1214.jpg

DSCF1215.jpg

Rob made it look too easy, king of the hill right here:
DSCF1221.jpg

Final scores, if you can read them
DSCF1232.jpg

The well deserved winners
DSCF1231.jpg

Thanks to all for yet another very well organised and highly enjoyable event. Can't wait for the next one already! Only one gripe: I've attended three times now and three times I've stood on the podium, but can someone please let me take first place for once?! :p

Cheers again

Jim.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi

Just wanted to re-iterate what everybody else has been saying and say what a fantastic weekend that was. Thanks to all involved. I am still amazed at what these vehicles can do. This was my first outing in my Colorado and definitely will not be my last!! Had an absolute blast, not so sure about how the wife feels about that!!

Anyways thanks again

Regards
George and Nikki

My photos are limited to the croquet and water games but here are a few anyway.

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2611.jpg

DSCN2613.jpg

DSCN2618.jpg

DSCN2620.jpg

DSCN2622.jpg

DSCN2626.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg

DSCN2636.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

The event winners showing why they won
DSCN2670.jpg

A leaf sprung 40 had a slight disadvantage - lost 1.2 litres of water!
DSCN2653.jpg

Why did Lorin fit that lifted suspension?
DSCN2673.jpg

"I wish my Dad was a better driver!!"
DSCN2680.jpg

Gav Peter said:
Great pics Ian - last one's ace!!! :lol:

Yes, they are all great pics.

Hugh tried to hold the jug as tight as possible so as not to spill any water :lol:

Jimbo4x4 said:
I heard Mike got stuck, so I raced over for a photo but arrived slightly late:
DSCF1198.jpg

Jim.

Sorry Jim, Gotta correct you there... ANDY my co driver promptly got stuck after giving him the wheel, handy opportunity to check my winch out. I should point out than his girlfriend Annabel managed to drive the bombhole both ways without getting stuck despite never having driven offroad before!

TonyS said:
All sorted, matter over.

Now where is punch 27??

Cheers,

Don't worry Tony, We'll find it in May ;)

Have you asked your missus? My wife normally finds things when I loose them...

Crispin said:
George said:
...not so sure about how the wife feels about that!! ...

let me fill you in shall I?

Ha ha ha ha ha lets just say that she was very happy to be back on a tarred surface again on Sunday. Can't wait to take her on the next one :twisted:

What an awesome weekend, it just gets better every time.. We've done 4 now and you guys really outdid yourselves this time round! Thanks a LOT!!!!
Hope we'll be there next year.. Hold thumbs (else we'll be in Namibia :? or Botswana)
Great to see everyone - even you Gav :liar: Great work on the poi! Will have to get some pics from Ryan..
Team "Chillaxxed" :D

One more clip, unfortunately stopped filming before I hit the tree
[youtube:2nj8k8hm]vVNnMeltY3U[/youtube:2nj8k8hm]

Running a little late, but thought that I would add my bit and say that it was a brilliant weekend. Can't believe it was a week ago.

It was great to meet many of you face to face. Very friendly bunch.

Tony S and co, thanks for arranging a most excellent and professional event weekend.

Ryan, thanks for the lift. Hopefully next time I will have my own offroad beast.

I am pretty glad that we had great weather last weekend.... Not sure I would have been too excited to be camping if it was raining and cold!

Yep, sorry for the delay but had a great weekend and thanks to everyone involved in the organisation.

Thanks also for the pictures of my truck (Red 40) on this thread.

Cheers TonyS and all.

Jase

I know you lot love pics, and I managed to find time to meet up with my co driver today to down load his camera, so here follows some of the pics he captured during the weekend.

005.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Fell in the rut too close to the tree
014.jpg

So had to back out and reposition
016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

Unfortunately reversing out of the boggy ditch claimed this :cry: Only minimal damage was done, and its all repaired as good as new now :thumbup:
022.jpg

036.jpg

Heading down to the river for a dip :shock:
037.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

Looks like a jungle!
046.jpg

047.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

053.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

Chas articulating
065.jpg

068.jpg

Gravity and slippy mud combine in an exit stage left
069.jpg

Reposition and...
070.jpg

...success!
072.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

3 Cruisers enjoying the Indian summer!
081.jpg

A careless place to leave some bricks :roll:
082.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

096.jpg

097.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

121.jpg

Tony, that rock crawl section was ace!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

This steep punch would have been interesting if it was wet
127.jpg

128.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

136.jpg

138.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend!!! I love how capable my 80 is :cool:

Terrific pics there Scott, and thanks for posting a few of me, I forgot my camera :oops: so didn't get any of my own.

Back