Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Autumn 2011

Of course Chris, Gav put in a great effort for the tyre pull and Halina was excellent at the water and croquet so could not have done it without them!

Some mighty fine parking:
DSC00086.JPG

Proof that trees always jump in the way when flooring it on the ball chalange, last time it was the rear, this time the front :roll:
DSC00093.JPG

Run Gav run!
DSC00097.JPG

Jim doing the tyre pull with awesome precision and speed:
DSC00108.JPG

Some flexing
DSC00112.JPG

DSC00114.JPG

DSC00115.JPG

Superb weekend again. Huge thanks to Tony and everyone involved :thumbup:

I say it everytime but I'm already looking forward to the next one.

No major damage to report which is always good, few minor scrapes and dents..... :twisted:

Driving home though it was evident that we had fairly substantial power loss. So I pulled over, stuck my head under the bonnet and let my technical ignorance and paranoia have full reign :doh: Having deduced that it must be something really bad (and totally unconnected) I gave Tony a call, who put me on to Ian, who put me on to Jon who sensitively corrected my illogical catastrophic reasoning :oops: I then drove home using all of the available 50bhp without an issue.

Could be the pump, or could be the turbo, but having calmed down a bit I reckon it might just be a fuel blockage but I'll update further once I know.

Lorin said:
I reckon it might just be a fuel blockage but I'll update further once I know.
You have just reminded me that I have not changed my fuel filter since Russia and Mongolia :doh: I reckon I will gain a few hp when I change it

really was a great weekend, and beautiful weather. i got all the punches on saturday, so sunday was spent playing, and doing the 2 remaining special stages. :thumbup:

im very pleased with my new rear locker. my truck went up, over and through everything i pointed it at, apart from the very last 7ft bank that i had to winch up. :twisted:

a few pics and vids.

camp site saturday morning.

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

Johnie's gorgeous 40 series. :drool:

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

out punch hunting.

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

some interesting punches this year.

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

80 stuck in hole.

IMG_3364.jpg

spent a lot of time on 3 wheels.

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

[youtube:19lc6tpk]I-KhK9h4ZOY[/youtube:19lc6tpk]

[youtube:19lc6tpk]-V1BiMHy_ao[/youtube:19lc6tpk]

parked next to Trevor's 70.

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

managed to bend my steering bar quite badly, so need to make a guard. took a few pics of Roger's guard.

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

Tony kindly gave us permission to open up a few areas wed seen, one of which was an area with a large bomb hole, about 7ft deep, with a drainage ditch running through it.

sent Mitch in first.

IMG_3373.jpg

looking up at the near vertical bank hes about to drive down.

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

down, and trying to drive up the other side.

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

couldnt quite get up despite all 3 diff locks been engaged. so we tried taking the top edge off to try and get some grip.

IMG_3382.jpg

still couldnt get up, so using my truck as an anchor he winched out.

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

and he was out.

IMG_3386.jpg

we had a look and decided on a better entry/exit point. so after moving a few logs and branches, we put the waffles across the drainage ditch.

IMG_3387.jpg

and across.

IMG_3388.jpg

a little bit of shunting and Mitch was in position ready to drop down into the bomb hole.

IMG_3392.jpg

and dropped down.

IMG_3393.jpg

across the bomb hole and trying to drive up and out the other side.

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

Mitch eventually got out after a few attempts. so my turn next.

[youtube:19lc6tpk]JK9oMBTMXvA[/youtube:19lc6tpk]

i couldnt quite get out, so i winched off Mitch. really need that front locker now.

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

and out.

IMG_3401.jpg

pics of the damage, bent steering bar.

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

Roger's lovely 3 litre 70. :drool:

IMG_3405.jpg

[youtube:2svpe7s2]SJbIStITSR4[/youtube:2svpe7s2]

[youtube:2svpe7s2]84RokxBe4SQ[/youtube:2svpe7s2]

[youtube:2svpe7s2]faEmc6emQ00[/youtube:2svpe7s2]

[youtube:2svpe7s2]4wkm4fjDVC0[/youtube:2svpe7s2]

[youtube:2svpe7s2]lIHJ73HaVUY[/youtube:2svpe7s2]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Massive thanks to Tony and all the organisers and marshalls. Fantastic event. All the effort really shows.
Made up to get an enexpected joint 4th with Ben too :dance: .

Rob said:
mike hatton said:
bit unfair rob... andy was driving
Ok changed the title mate :thumbup:

No worries Rob,

Thought it a little unfair to compare my isuzu against a cruiser anyways, difflock and coils should put it in a different group.

Enjoyed seeing yours eating up the course as if it was tarmac!

Great weekend, thanks folks. Thanks to TonyS, Ian, Toby and Co. for organising it.
Pics and video to follow soon

Fantastic week-end as usual, :thumbup: , even though I seem to have managed to stuff up my front diff going round the farm area punch challenge, there was some manic clicking from the front end like a machine gun on steroids, no idea how I managed that, it was before I attacked the wood area and did some hill bashing :oops: but after some expert diagnosis from IanR and JonW it was pinned down to the diff, but it was decided it would probably hold out to drive to JulianV who is only 28 miles from Lincomb, I got there OK without any problems, that short journey was fine, which is more than could be said for the 2.30pm train journey from Hereford to Paddington, this train stopped at about every stop imaginable :roll: , at Oxford it seemed like the whole population of Italy boarded the train, :x my carriage was jam packed with Eyties talking nineteen to the dozen at the top of their voices, I turned my hearing aid off and they still deafened me :? a few stops later some drifted away and it got relatively quiet, a few stops more and they all swarmed back and off it went again :angry-cussingargument:
I finally arrived at Paddington at 6.05pm in agony from my back because of a very uncomfortable seat, once there I saw a sign for Circle line to Kings Cross where I could pick up the Northern Line to Morden, but after what seemed like walking a mile I found the Circle Line wasn't running, why couldn't they have put a sign saying that at the beginning of my trek :roll: so I had to walk all the way back to where I had started from :angry-cussingblack:
It was good to meet up with old friends and quite a few people I've not met before, Carl and Anna, Chris from BOAB, and a few more I've already forgotten the names of
confused-29.gif

My thanks to TonyS for hosting and all the others who put so much into making sure we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves
As I said a great time was had, roll on the next one

Great weekend, nice to see everyone and have such good weather for it. Here are my pics:

CRJ going the wrong way through the tippy bomb hole ;)
IMG_2367.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

Rob, going the right way :)
IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

There's a punch in there somewhere :lol:
IMG_2376.JPG

Spot Crispin and wave him over :lol:
IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

ATRAC at work
IMG_2382.JPG

Dave on another tippy section
IMG_2391.JPG

Don't let Rob park your truck :lol:
IMG_2393.JPG

oops, testing the Gav plate
IMG_2395.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

Supposed to hit the ball not the tree Rob :)
IMG_2396.JPG

IMG_2397.JPG

The winch test hill
IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2407.JPG

Cycling my suspension on the elephants feet to check some clearances and have a pose :roll:
IMG_2419.JPG

The 'out the window' technique
IMG_2432.JPG

It was all going so well Gav
IMG_2437.JPG

Run Gav, run :lol:
IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2439.JPG

Left a bit
IMG_2440.JPG

Those canes were tight!
IMG_2441.JPG

Lunch?
IMG_2446.JPG

Lorin AND AMY on the water jug special stage
IMG_2447.JPG

Ben doing his best to get Mitch wet :lol:
IMG_2455.JPG

Gently does it
IMG_2457.JPG

change of tactics
IMG_2458.JPG

Too tired to post last night so am sciving at work to do it. Had an absolutely fantastic weekend. A massive thanks to TonyS and everyone else who organised the event. Food was outstanding as usual. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A big thank you to Justin Elliot again for letting me ride along with him. Had a blast, few hairy moments but we got all the punches and did well on a couple of the SS.

And I agree, you cant go down hill slowly and controlled when you've got the hand throttle pulled out. ;)

Roll on the next one!! :dance: :dance:

A big thank you from the Prince family for great weekend - Tony, Ian, Toby and their better halves, thanks for the great organization and a fun weekend!
Having the family in tow limited our opportunities on the special stages but it was more important to keep the peace :twisted: No damage this time, which was also a positive!

Looking forward top the next one, as are my [strike:3dvmupcj]back-seat drivers[/strike:3dvmupcj] co-pilots!

It's good to meet people and finally put the faces to the names. Thanks to TonyS and the others for their hard working in setting it up.

A good site and event and hopefully we won't be on holiday next time and can join in both days.

Roger

PS - TonyS......extra good to see you after ?? years, we were both sooooooooo young when we went to the gym :thumbup:

Viv

'Run Gav run' seems to be the call of the weekend!!! With all that running & the late night 'Poi'ing with Matt, I'm paying for it this morning.. :oops: I think it is Stacy's missus that has a good one of me 'in action' ( :o ) hurdling a rope on one of my many penalty laps around Muxley so I hope she manages to censor it appropriately & get it on here!!! :lol: BTW, Matt is going to pay for his poor geometry skills on the tyre pull next time out if I have anything to do with it!!! :twisted:

Another brilliant weekend again - many thanks to Tony & all the guys for putting the show on again & once again coming up with such entertaining competitions in the woods/fields & congrats to Rob & Halina for taking the honours this time out :cool:

I'm afraid I didn't take a single photo all weekend so keep them coming folks :drool:

Cheers

Many thanks to Tony, Ian and Toby, their other halves and the all the helpers for a great weekend. Top class. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The special stages were interesting and the events, fun.

Congrats to Rob and Helina.

Looking forward to the next one.

I have the entire Gav tyre pull on video :thumbup:

Back