Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb event dates ??

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Hi All.

This goes out to the guys and gals that have part in (LIncomb) weekends.

Is this happening this year? If so have we any dates yet? The girlfriend has to get her holiday dates in as who she works for wont let her have time off if two other people are off on the same day. I'm sure other people are in this position.

Would be great to have some dates if it is going ahead please so I have something to look forward to :icon-biggrin:

Also I have to decide wether I'm moting the off roader this year or its time for her to hit the graveyard.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Everyone else can see the replies Ryan. Your just not welcome this year :whistle:

You would turn up anyway. I've only seen you at one. That was the time you tried to kill yourself near the bomb hole.

One! I'm pretty sure I have been to more than one, though with all the Rum and Gavs heavy hand I can't be completely sure...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have dropped off of the organising team but have sent a nudge email. Hopefully they will post something soon.

Lincomb weekend now confirmed for the 7th and 8th of June, more details to follow...

thats late in the year is it only the 1 event this year?
stu

Alot of comps dont allow portals unless its in a superdooper moded class. do you have different classes at lincomb??
stu

There has not been a class system to date, way too many variables to make it worth while. The last event I went to with a class system put a standard 80 on road tyres in to the modified class, mind you the mods were mainly based on Land Rovers so maybe it was fair :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
thats the trouble with the class system.

I did one in my 90 with 1 winch that was classed as stdso happy days. you could also enter the std class with bead lockers and fiddle brakes which both things shouldnt be classed as std.
stu

That particular club ran a system where each "traction aid" added a point. So a winch or a single axle diff lock put you in standard +1, having two axle diff locks put it in the top class.

None of that nonsense at Lincomb, turn up, drive, have fun.

So long as we all get a go in it!!! :icon-twisted:

A few people had a go last time, I'm sure the same can happen again. Will be good to attend the event from the other side so to speak. Turning circle, lack of power steering and lack of power will count against it for the special stages.

A few people had a go last time, I'm sure the same can happen again. Will be good to attend the event from the other side so to speak. Turning circle, lack of power steering and lack of power will count against it for the special stages.
Aye, I had a trundle out with Jay Dubbleyuh at the helm of 'Flossie' - what a hoot!!! I was able to do some blackberrying from the passenger seat as we were 'wheeling'!!! Vay tasty :icon-cool:

Hope you like the 'mog's name bytheway :whistle:

Dare I ask how you arrived at that name. It seems to stray away from my usual naming convention, red car, green car etc.

Back