Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Sat 15th - Sun 16th October

We will have to go on our own in the noisy naughty corner andy lol

My electric blanket doesn't make any noise at all......

Getting into a warm tent is something else though Chris. Just hope it works as its suppose to this time .
You load of softies!!!! Me and the boy in a 2 man tent and a old duvet. No heat in there.mind you we're fenmen webbed feet and sleep on reed beds! !!!jealous really ha ha ha

You load of softies!!!! Me and the boy in a 2 man tent and a old duvet. No heat in there.mind you we're fenmen webbed feet and sleep on reed beds! !!!jealous really ha ha ha

Been there done that mate!
Worst was -17 if I remember right.
Will only be the 2nd heated night (if it works)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
don't think you'll need your heater Karl looks like being quite mild just remember some bedding :)

best laid plans of mice n men.... can't do my tbox til monday now so I'm out chaps :violin:

Pete, just drop your front prop. 8 bolts and you'd be good to go.

Pete, just drop your front prop. 8 bolts and you'd be good to go.

Not that simple mate, it'll be touch n go getting the truck to Trevs (where the new box is) judging from the noise it made coming back last week so I daren't risk driving it unless it's to get the new tbox fitted (with trev on standby to tow me if needed), we think the actuator siezed half in or something orginally, I din't notice anything until I couldn't get the difflock to come on in the dales, new actuator got the light stuck permanently on but diff ain't locked, it nearly shook it'self to bits on the way home last time, made a right old screaming noise for 20 mile getting worse up to a crescendo before it stopped 15 mile from home, it was pretty hot and a lot of oil had got past the seals with the vibration.

Sounds a bit like a seized viscous coupling.

does the short nose tbox have a viscous coupling? I may have got the wrong end of the stick but I thought the advantage of the longnose was the VC, but every days a school day for me on these trucks :)

Short one doesn't, no. But I have no idea what's under yours.

Short one doesn't, no. But I have no idea what's under yours.

I fort you were a walking encylopedia and knew every UK truck running Chris ;) think the long nose came out 93-4 so mines still got the shorty, I only know that after having crawled under silver pheonix (long nose) then hearing Trev call anyone with a clue when my new tbox looked different, we worked out the auto has 3 sensors on, whereas the manual only has 2, the spare threaded hole is blanked.(but the DL shaft is recessed for the extra sensor anyway incase anyone was wondering)
*I think the screaming box was a bearing or a bush on a shaft, it had the rumbling scream you sometimes get running a too small a drill in a hole to ream it out when it rattles about type noise -

*this description may not be helpful :lol:

anyway have a good time yall sorry for threadjack (Chris made me do it :whistle:)

As a Lincomb virgin (so to speak), are there any 'facilities' on site, or is my assumption correct that we need to be 'self contained' in all respects (specifically bog-wise?). I've had a brief search but drew a blank.
:)

As a Lincomb virgin (so to speak), are there any 'facilities' on site, or is my assumption correct that we need to be 'self contained' in all respects (specifically bog-wise?). I've had a brief search but drew a blank.
:)
Bogs and showers up by the stables just a few yards from the camping field, His with Hers next door.

Bogs and showers up by the stables just a few yards from the camping field, His with Hers next door.
Wow, thanks Chas, I'm impressed. Lynn alas won't be coming as she is looking after a friends dog.

Last question (for now), would I be able to stay Sunday night as my truck is being rustproofed in Dudley on Monday and it seems a bit daft coming back on the Sunday only to get up early to get to Dudley for 9 on Monday. If so, anyone else staying Sunday?

Wow, thanks Chas, I'm impressed. Lynn alas won't be coming as she is looking after a friends dog.

Last question (for now), would I be able to stay Sunday night as my truck is being rustproofed in Dudley on Monday and it seems a bit daft coming back on the Sunday only to get up early to get to Dudley for 9 on Monday. If so, anyone else staying Sunday?
Shouldn't be any problem, I'm sure others have stayed over maybe there will be others doing just that.

Back