Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb weekend green laning

Ian Rubie

Country Flag
uk
We now have a few group leaders. Can anyone who wants to go green laning please reply to this thread so we can keep an eye on group size.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Guys,

Just to help with organizing the days, Ian has kindly found some leaders, so now we just need spots filled. The usual form is saturday is split as the wood can probably take no more than 20 cruisers at a time, and several groups head off to the fabulous Strata Florida or the Long Mynd. Both highly recommended if you havent done either before. There is then plenty of time on sunday for time in the wood. I have put in a few other twisty bits, and a few of us will add another one or two on saturday.

Each group is upto 5 vehicles, so please book as it will be first come first in. If there are places left before they leave in the morning, they can be filled then.

Looking forward to a good sunny weekend.

Cheers,

Tony.

Hello Me for green laning please :D

Joe

P.s i take it you dont need me to lead a group now :?:

I'm happy to help even out the load of cruisers and go laning or participate in a "maintenance/DIY workshop" if there is interest in such a thing?

I guess my preference for days would be to go laning on Saturday rather than Sunday, but again I am happy to do whatever works best for distributing the group.

Cheers,

Just spent the weekend laning in North Wales and Snowdonia - it was stunning (thread with pics to follow)....

So I'm definitely in for the laning :D

Andrew, I'd also be interested in any sort of DIY/maintenance workshop.

Cheers,
Lorin

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lorin said:
Andrew, I'd also be interested in any sort of DIY/maintenance workshop.
Even money that there'll be a step-by-step guide on a front diff strip-down by Saturday afternoon :mrgreen: Or maybe just a CV change... :cool:
I just hope it's not me trying to show how it's done :twisted:

In all seriousness, if there is enough interest, we can see if we can put together a few hours on DIY/maintenance jobs and maybe some descriptions of basic mods. Even without Julian V there, there will still be quite a few veterans in the art of making Cruisers bigger, better, faster, more capable...

Cheers,
A

Top idea for basic workshop, can arrange covered shed if necessary, but looks at mo to be dry and sunny.
Be good to have 3 things on the go, laning wood and maintenance. Any other ideas?
The more the better,and also to help improve these weekends, i will need as much feedback as poss, good and bad please.

Cheers,

Tony.

If a donor vehicle is needed for the maintenance workshop, I'll happily volunteer :cool:

I could even bring a list..... :D

Always worth a try :lol:

I don't have any intact 80 series front diffs in stock, only broken ones!

silvercruiser said:

I have you as leading a Long Mynd group if numbers demand. The route is fairly easy to follow, not too challenging but offers some very nice views - if weather allows! We will provide a marked up OS map.

Currently the plan is to have two groups going to Strata Florida, this will be a long day and involve a fairly high mileage, and two groups heading off to Long Mynd.

It all really depends on numbers though. That is the reason for trying to plan in advance. It will all go wrong if suddenly on the morning we have 30 cars who want to do Strata.

Cheers

Ian

Ian Rubie said:
silvercruiser said:

I have you as leading a Long Mynd group if numbers demand. The route is fairly easy to follow, not too challenging but offers some very nice views - if weather allows! We will provide a marked up OS map.

Currently the plan is to have two groups going to Strata Florida, this will be a long day and involve a fairly high mileage, and two groups heading off to Long Mynd.

It all really depends on numbers though. That is the reason for trying to plan in advance. It will all go wrong if suddenly on the morning we have 30 cars who want to do Strata.

Cheers

Ian

Yeah ok thats fine il bring my cb with me.

Joe

Hi'yall
I'm up for the maintenance workshops, and I'll be arriving on Saturday morning, instead of Friday eve, so will have to miss out on the Strata Florida; anothe time perhaps. Am not going up to the Dales neither - for me it is a simple equation - no money = no trekking.
I want mi hog roast though...
Cheers
Renate

Ryan Thomson said:
Any ideas as to what time the groups would leave for the greenlaning on the sat?

Depends if you're going on the Strata or Mynd run. The Mynd run is much shorter so can leave quite late. The Strata run is much longer so the earlier we get away the better. The later we leave the less lanes can be included and the less hog roast is left when we get back again :mrgreen:

If there are two groups doing the Strata run then one will have to set off half an hour later than the other. Idealy that'd be 9:00am and 9:30am but really it's up to the people going as to what time they want to be ready for.

Regarding the Strata run, Rob raised a concern that the detour around the waterfall might be blocked off and thus everyone would need to navigate the waterfall - and a standard LC with tired suspension and a towbar might battle?
Anyone have any update on this?

Not trying to put anyone off, just want to make sure that the groups that do Strata are forewarned and prepared :twisted:

Back