Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Common Parts

Dprio34

Country Flag
united_states
I am new to the forum, but was wondering if anyone has a parts lists of common parts between USA spec Land Cruisers and LJ70s.

I recently bought an LJ 70 from Spain, and it needs a bit of work (shocks, brakes, hoses, filters). I am trying to keeps my importing and parts shipping costs down and source whatever I can here locally. If anyone has gone through this pain, and has a parts number list could they please send it my way.

Thanks,
Don

I'm not sure, but there's a possibility some parts may be shared with a similar generation Tacoma pick up or 4runner. I know this is the case for the latter 90 series model. Toyota don't tend to vary there shocks much, so have a look at 80 series, 4runner, tundra/tacoma one's and see if any of those will work. If you have a diesel filters won't be in the US, although I've seen a few on ebay for $30+.If all that fails, try Roughtrax, I believe they ship abroad and will have all the parts you need. Price should also be without VAT as you're purchasing in the US.

It might be easier to buy parts directly from Japan , lots in the UK use Amayama

Well, I guess as I pull parts off, I will just cross check them on the computer. Pulled the oil filter yesterday, and it crosses with a Bosch 3500 series filter in the USA, which is a pretty common oil filter here. I was just hoping someone had gone throught this drill before, and had put a list together. Shocks are a totally different story.
Mine are totally shot. And the LJ70 front shocks are posts/stems on both ends. All US spec Cruisers seem to have Hoops on one end and stems on the other...SOL I guess. Guess I'll be importing from Australia.

This thread was primarily directed at Forum Members in the USA who have imported a Euro Spec LJ70. It is painful cross checking/referencing part numbers for this vehicle since the Toyota Dealerships will not help track down anything since the VIN is not in their computer system.

At any rate here are some part numbers that can be found in the USA.
Front Pads: Valeo #598921 or TRW#GDB352
Front Discs: Delphi#BG2591
Slave Cylinder: Delphi#LL60909
Oil Filter: Bosch3500

If anyone would like to share USA part numbers on the Forum LJ70 Forum, We can put a list together and save any future owners a lot of pain and time.

Have you tried http://forum.ih8mud.com/ ? You might find more help there... Sorry we couldn't help further! There aren't very many 70 series in the US, there are a few in Canada.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back