Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Radiator

fluted

Hi,
It's my first time here so apologies for any ignorance on my behalf but i have a problem.
My radiator (LJ70 2.4D) has a hole along the top so I've been trying to find a replacement but this proving almost impossible, i live in northern Norway btw.
Is there another way? ie. can i use a radiator from another model? eg. from a hilux or something?
Apologies once again if this is a stupid question.

Welcome to the club. :icon-smile:

Would it be possible to repair your radiator?

If it has a brass top you may be able to silver solder/braze it. :think:

You could possibly use a hilux/surf/4-runner radiator.

You would need to make sure it didnt have the radiator cap on the radiator though.

Have you tried this place:-

http://www.euro4x4parts.com/toyota_..._1995/7_cooling_heating_electrics/k/radiator/

A number of people in this club have used them before and have been impressed. :thumbup:

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/44065-toyota-parts

A radiator from them is around £350 quid I think. No pattern radiators were made. All the original ones from the LJ70 were brass i think and can be soldiered up.

Hi guys, cheers for the prompt info.

I'm hopeful it can be repaired.

I had taken it to a shop and was told it was beyond repair but have since found somebody else who is more optimistic on its chances for repair. Hopefully get a verdict on Monday.

Cheers again.

Theres a company in Bradford West Yorkshire AMC radiators who can repair any radiator/matirx or make one of a similar size to suit. My top tank had 5 holes in and that was fixable and they did it whilst I waited and it wasn't that expensive £25.

I know your in Norway but I found AMC to be most helpful but maybe this may be of use to someone else locally.

Hi all,

I was able to get it repaired here
[h=2]Isaksen Radiatorservice (Tromsø Assistanse AS)[/h] though it wasn't cheap. Cost about £550 though they have pretty much rebuilt it so it is virtually a new radiator. Quality service, wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. Though as i said not cheap but then again nothing ever is in Norway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Though as i said not cheap but then again nothing ever is in Norway.

very true - especially that far north in Norway in Tromsø
glad you got it sorted out

nice place though - i visited a few years ago - enjoyed the beer from the Mack's Brewery during an A-HA concert at Alfheim stadion (my wife is a fan of A-HA..)

We'll be driving to Tromso in January. Hope I don't need a radiator. Lol

And now we know Andy is a secret A-ha fan......course its the wife, we all believe you!

I found beer really expensive in Norway, only people that seemed drunk were the old alcoholics in Oslo, sitting in holes in the snow.....unless they were sliding down the roof of the opera house!

Pete

Across the bay from Oslo city is the Fram Museum. I was standing on the promontory idly looking across the bay when the worlds biggest car ferry hove into sight out of the mist. At about 85,000 tonnes it looked amazing at it cleaved it's way through the the ice bound harbour.

I remember the roof on the opera house Pete. It was covered in snow but Viv refused to climb to the top as the pathway was covered in ice.

Roger

Well we drove all the way to nordkapp in feb 2010 but this year we are catching the ferry to Denmark from harwich and driving up the west side of Sweden as far as Kiruna and will play there. There will be three vehicles again and no other real plans apart from booking the ferry. .

if anyone is interested i now have a G reg LJ70 radiator thats for sale

Back