Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 rear lights

Jimbo4x4 said:
So far so good :thumbup: Just a thought, when you fit your new bumper you may need to cut the exhaust back a bit so it won't squash flat the first time you drop off a rock step ;) (I know because it happened to me after I took my towbar off :shh: )

Also, slightly OT, how old is your spring lift? Noticed a bit of driver side lean there and if the springs are too new to be worn out then they've probably been fitted the wrong way round. The kits are usually handed, with the drivers side springs being a smidge longer to counteract the stress from the torque the engine/drivetrain create.

Jim.

the exhaust will be coming straight through the bumper and finishing flush with it. on the other side in exactly the same position will be a hole exactly the same size as the exhaust hole, and this will have a fog light set into it. should look good when its done. :thumbup:

thats interesting about the suspension. the ironman lift kit was brand new about 6 months ago and i too have noticed it leans slightly.

its all coming off in a few months as i want to wire brush, rust kill, hammerite and waxoil the entire underside including all the axles etc. so i will be removing all the suspension when i do it.

i will have a proper look then, thanks id not thought of that. :thumbup:

Next time you can order such parts in Poland - our friend from the shop "Wyprawa4x4" has plenty of spares, auxiliaries etc for our LC'c

http://wyprawa4x4.pl/info/lampa_tylna_j ... -2769.html
http://wyprawa4x4.pl/info/lampa_tylna_j ... -2770.html

for the pair of rear lights you will pay just ~30-35 pounds and the shipment also wont be expensive too

Unfortunately the web page is in polish but ... you can translate it using google ;)
or you can send e-mail for quotation in english to [email protected]

Just curious when you all bought the after market kit and put the lights up on the quarter panels/wings, was there any additional wiring to do in order to have use of both brakes lights and turn signals on the bumper and wings? or was everything plug and play?

Everything was plug and play!

You unplug a small section of loom which went from a plug behind where the new lights are going, down to where the lights in the rear bumper used to be.

Unplug and discard that and the new lights plug into the loom where the discarded section used to. :icon-wink:

Back