Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lj70, slow progress project:)

TonyP said:
Anders Ernst said:
Here is an album showing what Danish conditions can do to cars, all VW's driven less than 100.000km.'
http://bilgalleri.dk/alb_vis.aspx?albumid=86563

:shock: Remind me to never buy a second hand car in Denmark!

That wouldn't be my recomandation either ;)

My next LC, I think is going to come from Southern Germany, where rust is no problem.

Also it would never be affordable to buy a second hand car in Denmark to export.

A new 150 LC4 is in Britain starting from £46k, in Denmark the same car costs £86k. All new passenger cars is in Denmark charged 180% to the price in registration tax... :thumbdown:

When I lived in Norway, after an oil change the old oil was sprayed on the underside of the car to prevent rust.

Dont spose you can do that now, what with saving polar bears, dodo's etc.

Pete

wobbly said:
When I lived in Norway, after an oil change the old oil was sprayed on the underside of the car to prevent rust.

Dont spose you can do that now, what with saving polar bears, dodo's etc.

Pete

If we cared that much about the environment, we wouldn't be driving Land Cruisers but Aygo's :)

I have done that before, and then mixed it with tar, and sometimes fat, gives and amazing underbody protection. The scrapyard owner which i comes at, also used to make his own, but due to new regulations, he has to deliver a certain amount of oil, compared to the amount that he buys.. :?

Had a day off wednesday, because they a couple off times a year uses the workshop for ripping (what's the English word for taking the fur off?) mink, because the owner is a mink farmer. I think it's one of the most horrible smells in the world, when they hit there stink glands. The positive thing though, is that due to the extremely high value of the fur (the most valuable can cost up to a £100 a pice, and with up to 10.000 mink, it's quite a lot of money), there is a state of the art alarm system :)

Haven't finished welding yet, it's taking much longer than I had hoped... :think:

But still makes good progress, and hopes to have it running this week. Now I only need to make a new lower corner, which is totally gone :thumbdown:

This time a year it's the males, and the ones dead during the year.
imag0086xf.jpg

A large hole
imag0088t.jpg

Hole closed, used arrows to mark up, where to weld the piece back on.
imag0093jy.jpg

Protected
imag0094si.jpg

Mounted to try to get an idea of how to build the last corner
imag0095b.jpg

Don't really have anything to look after :think:
imag0097lx.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Finally finished welding, and mounting new wing and innerwing.
Ended up beeing quite satisfied with the way it turned out. Emblem, and turn signal is not going on, because my Ironman snorkel should arrive at tuesday:)
Now I just need to get my painter to mix up some paint, so I can get it paintet :)

Primed
imag0100o.jpg

Sealed up
imag0102t.jpg

Lots of the good black stuff from Sika :D
imag0104q.jpg

Finally assembled again
imag0108aq.jpg

Now i just need to find myself a new wing for the drivers side. Also I'm gonna need a better inner wing the one I have is even worse, than the one I just reparied. Though they are not easy to find in good condition :think:

anybody got any idea why I can't see the pictures in this thread? all I see is a box which says "Domain unregistered. To view register at: bit.ly/imageshack-domain"
surely I shouldn't have to register to view the images in a thread!?!

Any ideas?
Mark

(I posted here because this is the only thread I have had a problem on - admin feel free to move)

I can see them fine.

Must be a setting on your pooter.

Pete

nice work. :clap:

what are your plans for the truck?

you say youve ordered a snorkel. are you planning on suspension or body lifting it? bigger tyres? :)

Mark: Strange, the pictures are hosted at Imageshack.us?))

Ben: The tyres I think, is big enough for the small 2,4. In really sticky mud, it can not pull my KM2's in higher gear than second low, so bigger tyres i think will be a problem.

The plan for now is to get it done for the MOT (quite a lot of rust to be removed first :oops: ), and when that is passed, bodylift will be the first thing. Also i need a winch, and hopefully later on a raising kit. (if you find a sollution for your death wobble :think: )
Ideally I would like a stronger engine, but it's nearly impossible to get it legal here in DK, so only if I find a way doing that I will change it.

Back