Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lockers not working

Ginna

Hi my front and rear lockers not working just flashing any ideas to fix thanks

Hi Ginna

In my experience with flashing diff lock lights, I found the locks were actually working, it was the signal from the respective diff switch was not getting back to the diff lock ecu. On the front diff one of the wires from the switch had been worn away by the protective plastic sleeve rubbing on the wire. The rear turned out to be rock damage to the protective guard, which crushed the plastic output connector. Also the center diff lock need to be operated first before the front and rear will operate.

You can test if there are operated by jacking the wheels up and try turning the wheels, if they turn with the center diff locked the axle is not locked. If the engine is not running you hear the diff actuator working.

Stephen

Hi my front and rear lockers not working just flashing any ideas to fix thanks

The 80 is recently new to you isn't it, maybe 3 weeks or so, did they work when you bought it and they've stopped working? Or have they never worked since you bought it?

Have you put it in low range? Or locked the centre diff first?

Let's do the simple shite first, eh?

Have you put it in low range? Or locked the centre diff first?

Let's do the simple shite first, eh?

Thats where I was trying to start Chris, are they switched on, would be my first question.

Come on Ginna, give us some clues. I switched on the CDL, no lights, or red flashing, you know the sort of thing...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They may simply need 'exercising', find some loose soil and drive figure of eights forward and reverse, they may lock? I take mine to the beach once in awhile, rear always go in immediately, front a bit lazy and takes a couple of presses/turns. The come in and out pretty quickly.

Get back with more info, getting solid yellow light for centre diff, low range, etc etc.

regards

Dave

Yes centre diff locked got it cross axles no lockers working did not try when buying because the car as never seen off road and really didn't expect them to work after all the years

They won't engage until the pins line up inside. Best to check through the car on 4 axle stands to save driving round in circles trying to get them in.

Rear ones corrode quickly and badly. front ones not too bad.

Mine was owned by someone who never even used them in around 15 years, took about 20/30 minutes driving on the beach to get them back to life. Guess I was lucky?

regards

Dave

Think so Dave, mine had never been used I don't think, and the front one was dust, and the rear was jammed. Karl got me a replacement front and the rear was easily freed up.

Back