Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

locking wheel stud. 80

Yes you need some sort of impact l/h driver with hardened teeth on it. Trouble is a good quality locking stud has a hardened surface.

Those squiggly type stud heads all look the same but are all slightly different so keys will be slightly different. As in Yale lock keys.

If not hardened you could drill through the head with the same sized drill as the o/d of the bolt thread. Use a punch then pilot drill to ensure the centre.

Got it sorted.. Re shaped a couple of old sockets, Managed to get 3 off but the 4th is seized solid... il worry about it another day.. Thanks for you suggestions .. A great help,:thumbup:

A bit of heat might help, as in take it for a spin with a fair bit of use of the brakes. Just thinking everything’s contracting at the minute with the cold weather.

A bit of heat might help, as in take it for a spin with a fair bit of use of the brakes. Just thinking everything’s contracting at the minute with the cold weather.
The trucks in a hundred pieces at the mo, I don't think il be taking it out for a spin for a while. Not this side of Xmas anyways...

The trucks in a hundred pieces at the mo, I don't think il be taking it out for a spin for a while. Not this side of Xmas anyways...
I had a feeling you might say that.
Big knocker gun then or a piece of scaffold tube on the end of the breaker bar. :icon-evil:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back