Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

London Transport to surrounding areas

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
If someone wanted to get out of London easily by public transport in a South West direction, whats the easist/furthest they can get.

I have to meet someone who is interested in my 80 but will be in Central London on business soon so as i'm not keen in driving to the city so where is the best place to meet them?

Paul, there is a big old car park in Richmond which is a short walk from the train station.
From the driving perspective its up the M3 and dual carriage all the way to the car park

Is richmond easy to get to from the city?

Richmond is on the underground so it should be pretty easy.

Paul said:
If someone wanted to get out of London easily by public transport in a South West direction, whats the easist/furthest they can get.
Southampton ;) Waterloo to Southampton is 1h15 or so on SW Trains.
Otherwise Guildford is probably a good bet - you can head up the A3 avoid entering the M25 ring and Guildford is only 33 mins by fast train. Getting to Richmond via the underground from Central London is not going to be materially shorter and it will be a pain for you to come into Richmond, especially during business hours - personally I would even buy the guy a return ticket to Guildford to avoid doing the drive from the M25 to Richmond.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers all, the Guilford option was always on the cards and i will propse it. All depends how confident the guy is with public transport.

Back