Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Long term water storage

Maybe.................but you can't eat an engine can you

Michel Lotito might have made a fair stab at it. :)

Seriously though, as the worlds population is getting more prosperous, the consumption of beef (except in India !) and dairy products has grown enormously with all that that entails, wasteful land use for feedstuffs, excessive water usage and huge amounts of CO2 being produced (and fat people). It's not sustainable and unnecessary for a healthy balanced diet.

Floating floor is common to reduce vibration and so noise . if it hasn't cracked or wedged it will drop back down with no need for interference though it might be an idea to put some pillars in there as prevention .

Used quite a lot in high end recording studios, a room within a room is constructed and the floor sits on big coil springs or rubber blocks to stop low frequency sound getting in. I think in the case of the crushed cars, a lightweight floor was put over and the weight was not enough to hold the insulation down.

Floating floor is common to reduce vibration and so noise . if it hasn't cracked or wedged it will drop back down with no need for interference though it might be an idea to put some pillars in there as prevention .

The floor slabs should be tied into the walls, there's a construction error there IMO.

They should either be keyed into the walls or there should be a continuous steel reinforcement connection between the floor slabs and the walls.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This was our
first water storage on our farm.The tanks were well made galvanised iron made in England and used to ship crockery from England to the colonies.When empty they were sold to farmers,contractors and asphalt
makers.I got mine from a hot asphalt plant and wish I had got more.
I resited it and had to do a bronze welding repair so put some creasote on as
a rust protection.400gals and they even used them on tanker trucks.
we have used it for dang near 50 years.You can't beat quality.

I like the look of that Pat, reminds me of the old galvanized riveted tanks that used to be used on sites for water and fuel storage in the late 60s.

Brazed joints are often better than welded steel on applications like this. The brazing brass (we used to call it spelter) acts as an automatic protection against rusting inside and out, and the joints are more flexible and less prone to cracking.

I've got a plastic screw-top access 300 lt cold water reservoir tank in our system, and it looks very distorted under the weight of water. I really want to mount it in a steel or aluminum frame-cage to support the sides. I'm convinced that one day it will split, then it will be too late.

I like the look of that Pat, reminds me of the old galvanized riveted tanks that used to be used on sites for water and fuel storage in the late 60s.

Brazed joints are often better than welded steel on applications like this. The brazing brass (we used to call it spelter) acts as an automatic protection against rusting inside and out, and the joints are more flexible and less prone to cracking.

I've got a plastic screw-top access 300 lt cold water reservoir tank in our system, and it looks very distorted under the weight of water. I really want to mount it in a steel or aluminum frame-cage to support the sides. I'm convinced that one day it will split, then it will be too late.
In NZ there are any amount of used stainless steel tank for sale as farmers have to continuously upgrade to meet new standards and they would be be a good tank,Clive.Might be worth a nose around Rumanian dairying areas.

Perhaps wrapping it in a bit of sheep fencing or similar when empty would help.

It's an idea, but I think it needs something more structural than that TBH.

I could knock up a timber frame. It's mainly to stop the ribbed sides from bowing as much as they do.

It's an idea, but I think it needs something more structural than that TBH.

I could knock up a timber frame. It's mainly to stop the ribbed sides from bowing as much as they do.
Clive have you looked at the bull run yet.If you think it's ok how about posting it.

Back