Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a router

fridayman

Garage
I'm in the market for a 240v router but not sure what to go for / how much to spend? I want it for general wood and will be using it to do the joints in my rear drawers. Any tips / advice?

yes you should ask sooner cos I just sold a Makita

The only advice I would offer here ET is make sure that you get one with various collar sizes so that when you buy tools, you can get them to fit...

I have an ALDi special & a Bosch one - the Aldi one is fine but the Bosch one is better as it was able to accept the tools I bought... :doh:

IIRC the Bosch was less than £50...

Watch out for these turkeys though - they're killers in the wrong hands!!! Mine fall happily into that category...

Happy routing when you get it - great fun!!!

I use a dewalt router for work top joints which has electronic motor control and has easy start function. It is best you try for a machine with easy start as it doesn't kick when you switch on! They are averaging around £200 on eblag for a decent one and less for new cheaper low wattage ones. If you need it for once in a blue moon joinery I would go for a Bosch or similar out of b+q with a half inch collet and good accessories like a fence and collet reducer etc etc

screwfix do a good range of cheap power tools that are good for the odd job

I got one on eBay last night. A Dewalt DW621 with a box of bits. I looked at a few, but went for the Dewalt because all my other Dewalt tools have been much better than the cheapies that they replaced.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back