Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a spotlight mounting bar

mr_magicfingers

I have a 2001 Colorado D4D, I've bought a couple of spotlights to give a bit of extra lighting on the country lanes here in Devon but need something to mount them to on the front bumper. I couldn't find an A-Bar available and wondered if there's anything else suitable. They're slightly too deep to sit on the bumper itself so need a way to mount them solidly. I don't want a full winch-mount type bumper, can anyone suggest something else that might work?

If I can't find anything suitable I may have to just bodge together a bracket that bolts to the support member behind the grill.

From experience, that bumper mount isn't very strong and will allow the lights to wobble. You'll need to brace it elsewhere - possibly with some spotlight stays back to the slam panel.

From experience, that bumper mount isn't very strong and will allow the lights to wobble. You'll need to brace it elsewhere - possibly with some spotlight stays back to the slam panel.

Excuse my ignorance Doodle, what is a slam panel please?

The bit where the bonnet slams shut
If you look at my old bus from years back, you can see that I went through the top of the bumper but fitted threaded rod adjuster stays at the top. These were actually carburettor linkages. They were pretty steady.

Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 15.58.40.jpg

To simplify take the bumper off and you will find a steel bumper under it .

Back