Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for the Owners Manual for a 1995/1996 Prado

Watamu LC

Country Flag
kenya
I recently bought a 1995/1996 KZJ78 automatic and unfortunately it did not come with the manual for the car.
Is there anyone who has the owner's manual in PDF format?
The labels in the car are all in Japanese!

I have looked around for it on the different threads but have been unable to find it.
I also checked "daemon4x4". I found a fantastic workshop manual but not the owner's manual!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea?

Hi Guys,
I posted this message a while back and have been checking on a nearly daily basis if anyone can help me out with the owner's manual for my KZJ78.

Unfortunatey, so far there has been no response! Can anyone out there help me out?

The repair shop manual I got is actually for an older model FJ70 than mine, so that is actually of no use to me...:icon-cry:

So, does anyone know of a workshop manual and/or the owners manual for a KZJ78?

Thanks in advance!
Casper

Just search for a Prado workshop manual there's , Haynes , Max Ellery , and Gregory's . All cover a number of engines .

Just search for a Prado workshop manual there's , Haynes , Max Ellery , and Gregory's . All cover a number of engines .

Thanks Shayne!
I am hoping someone here has a scanned version, I can't get these books in Kenya....:thumbdown:
The main thing I am actually looking for is the owner's manual rather than the workshop manual.

I have all the workshop (Factory Service Manuals) in PDF format that I can email you but no PDF of the owners manual.

They do come up on ebay from time to time and I'm sure Toyota can supply you a new one, although you will probably need the part number. :icon-biggrin:

I have all the workshop (Factory Service Manuals) in PDF format that I can email you but no PDF of the owners manual.

They do come up on ebay from time to time and I'm sure Toyota can supply you a new one, although you will probably need the part number. :icon-biggrin:

Hi Ben,
If you could help me out with the Factory Service Manuals for my long wheel base 1995 Prado that would be great!
The Private Message function doesn't work for me yet, need to post some more stuff.
Could you please email them to:

cvandegeer [at] gmail [dot] com

How do I find out what the part number is for the owners manual? Is it mentioned in the FSM?? :shock:

Thanks loads!

Casper

IMG_1383.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Casper,I have tried for the last12 years to get an owners manual,but because they were used imports Toyota are not interested in helping and friends in the motor trade in NZ can't help either.Best of luck in your quest.Pat from NZ.

It really is a stunning looking 70 you've got there Casper. :clap:

I will try and get the FSM's emailed across to you within the next few days.

I've just been and grabbed my owners manual out of LJ.

Inside it says it covers:

RJ70, RJ73 models with 22R-E engine.

HZJ70, HZJ73, HZJ75 models with 1HZ engine.

LJ70, LJ73 models with 2L-T engine.

KZJ70, KZJ73, KZJ77 models with 1KZ-T engine.

On the back it has publication number: OM60601E

and part number: 01999-60601.

I believe with that part number, any Toyota dealer should be able to order you a manual.

Pat, as the manual covers other models which I believe were sold in NZ, then surely Toyota can supply you with a manual using the part number above, because their not going to know whether its for an import 70 or not?

I actually got my manual off ebay shortly after buying my 70 as mine didn't come with one either.

:thumbup:

Ben,I'll give them another try with the part no.I'll let you know how I get on.thanks kindly.Pat

Casper,your wagon is a dead ringer for my 93 Toyota land cruiser Prado KZJ78.Pat

Hi Pat & Ben,

Thanks for the responses.
We did a trip along the Kenyan coast last week, the car did great.

I will ask a friend of mine of he can order the manual using the numbers you gave, Ben.
As Pat wrote though, ours is the KZJ78, which is not among the models you listed.
I don't know if there is much/any difference between the KZJ77 and the KZJ78, do you?

Nonetheless, I would be very happy if you could send me the FSM via email.

Pat, have you found a place that can supply spare parts for this model?
The window seal on the rear side window (the one that is rounded) is torn and water gets in when it rains!!

Thanks again guys!
Casper

Just emailed them all across to you Casper. :thumbup:

I think that owners manual will still cover you're 70's fine. Inside they've got all the details and info for the things that I've seen on the import LWB 70's such as auto, electric free wheeling front hubs. :icon-ugeek:

Hi Casper,
Did you ever get the Owner's Manual? If you did, could you please share it with me?... I am based in Tanzania, where I run a street children organization (AmaniKids.org), and recently bought a Prado-1995 KZJ78.... and have a lot of questions about it.
Thanks loads,
Meindert

Hi Casper,
Did you ever get the Owner's Manual? If you did, could you please share it with me?... I am based in Tanzania, where I run a street children organization (AmaniKids.org), and recently bought a Prado-1995 KZJ78.... and have a lot of questions about it.
Thanks loads,
Meindert

Hi Meindert,
I have not yet found a copy in English of the Owner's Manual, am hoping someone will help us out.
Fingers crossed!

Cheers.

Gents. Glad to see group growing. I've just bought a 95 Prado SX 3.0 Turbo. In Uganda. Any manuals to share would be very useful! How can do you find out model number?

It really is a stunning looking 70 you've got there Casper. :clap:

I will try and get the FSM's emailed across to you within the next few days.

I've just been and grabbed my owners manual out of LJ.

Inside it says it covers:

RJ70, RJ73 models with 22R-E engine.

HZJ70, HZJ73, HZJ75 models with 1HZ engine.

LJ70, LJ73 models with 2L-T engine.

KZJ70, KZJ73, KZJ77 models with 1KZ-T engine.

On the back it has publication number: OM60601E

and part number: 01999-60601.

I believe with that part number, any Toyota dealer should be able to order you a manual.

Pat, as the manual covers other models which I believe were sold in NZ, then surely Toyota can supply you with a manual using the part number above, because their not going to know whether its for an import 70 or not?

I actually got my manual off ebay shortly after buying my 70 as mine didn't come with one either.

:thumbup:
Hi,
I'm reviving this old thread. I'm looking for factory service and owner's manuals for KZJ70. Of course I already found some on the web and currently I'm looking specifically for the Owner's Manual OM60601E and a FSM supplement RM346E. Could anyone please share these with me? Ben? :)

Yes, thank you, I've already visited Ih8mud. Anyway, the links to google drive are now broken.
But the local guru of this forum, Ben, sent all the manuals I'm looking for by e-mail to someone, although it was 6 years ago. :)
Maybe he still has them on his disk?:tonguewink:

Has anyone had any luck with finding an owners manual? I got my 1995 Prado in Japan and if I ask they'll give me one in Japanese most likely... Which I can't read. I know the wester versions might differ somewhat but at this point any manual would help.

Thank you!!!

EDIT: Found it hosted on mega 57.57 MB file on MEGA - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

YEAY! After months of driving I can finally learn how to do it properly
If anyone needs it if mega is shut down again by american IP sent special forces in New Zealand, do tell, I'll send it to you.

Seems like it is not the correct manual for a 1995 kzj78 prado...thanks anyway

Thanks Graeme

Last edited:
Back