Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking to buy an 80

Darrell

Hello all.

I have been looking at these 80s and have decided to take the plunge.

I am hoping to buy one for about £4500 and I only have two definite criteria and that is that it must have leather and be automatic.
I am not bothered about the colour and diesel would be preferred over petrol but I will not discount petrol.

Everything must work properly.

I am on the west coast of Scotland so the nearer the better unless the seller can deliver.

Anyone got anything or can offer any tips?

joinerman said:
Looked on eblag ? auto trader, piston heads.

Have done, and to tell you the truth in a few of the ads I do not see why car A is £7k and car B is £3k.

This forum is also good for other users 'vouching' for the provenance of another members car and if a member was thinking about selling and not wanting all the usual tyre kickers and chancers to ring them, my little ad may prompt them to get in touch and do a hassle free deal.

Hi Darrel
A lad i sold a truck to a while ago said his may be up forsale. A geen v tidy auto. I can ask him for sure and pass details over.

Karl

karl webster said:
Hi Darrel
A lad i sold a truck to a while ago said his may be up forsale. A geen v tidy auto. I can ask him for sure and pass details over.

Karl
That would be grand, Karl.

Tell him to hurry up because I am a tad impulsive :thumbup:

Theres alo of us like that mate...Dam, just brought something else :snooty:

Drop me a text tomorrow to remind me 07968389167 cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just thought Bill off here has a nice one with mods ECOMAN his user name is and hes up your way. Theres a post with pics on here somewhere.

karl webster said:
Theres alo of us like that mate...Dam, just brought something else :snooty:

Drop me a text tomorrow to remind me 07968389167 cheers
Will do, cheers.

I have looked at the cars for sale on here and they are all a little expensive, I shall go and seek out ECOMAN.

TBH i usually have something in myself but no autos at the min apart from my green lanner

ECOMAN's car is lovely but a little more than I wanted to pay.

Is there an advantage having a 24v car over a 12v?

Hasnt been taxed and tested for a few moths and is hardly clean by any means. Six inch lift on it. needs work. It depends what you want to do with it.

karl webster said:
Hasnt been taxed and tested for a few moths and is hardly clean by any means. Six inch lift on it. needs work. It depends what you want to do with it.
I definitely do not want to do work on it. If the body is less than salubrious then so be it, but I need everything else to be top notch.

I live on a small island with no mechanic, so getting any work done to a car is a major event.

Ill Have a word with this lad tomorrow then maybe worth us having a chat. Yes some cruisers are a little more expensive than others but some of them have got them up to a good standard with maintaining them etc etc. There isnt usually alot to go wrong with them really.

karl webster said:
Ill Have a word with this lad tomorrow then maybe worth us having a chat. Yes some cruisers are a little more expensive than others but some of them have got them up to a good standard with maintaining them etc etc. There isnt usually alot to go wrong with them really.
Thanks. I was venturing down the Range Rover route then common sense took over.

You have just told me that you dont want to do any work on anything and that you were thinking of a RR. If you were thinking of one of those i would be happy to sell my lanner to you :lol:

karl webster said:
You have just told me that you dont want to do any work on anything and that you were thinking of a RR. If you were thinking of one of those i would be happy to sell my lanner to you :lol:

I know. RR are cheaper but I like the presence and reliability of the 80

Back